206 GTi brake upgrade?

welldweller

Car
Volvo C70 2.3 T5 GT
My son has just bought a T reg 206 GTI and wants to upgrade the brakes (his are the 266mm ones).
I know that the 406 coupe ones will fit, but are a little expensive for him.
Do the 306 GTI6 brakes fit, or perhaps the 206 GTI 180 brakes? 205GTI? What about the Xsara VTS brakes? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hi there, and welcome,

The 406 coupe Brembos will fit but only when used in conjuntion with Xantia V6 discs, they will also work with GTi6 discs but they will squeel very loudly so I do not recommend them.

306 gti6 brakes will fit as will Xsara VTS ones (they are the same) they have 283mm discs. Probably your cheapest option as they can be had second hand for very little money.
206GTi180 brakes will also fit. They have the same size disc as the GTi6 brakes but they use a slightly larger pad with a smaller piston in the caliper.
307HDi 136 brakes are a nice option as I believe them to be 302 mm discs and will also fit.

Also an upgrade to the master cylinder would be prudent. GTi6 master cylinder is a good upgrade.

Hope this helps

J

i have the 406 brembos on my 206 gti 180, i wouldnt bother spending the money on the 6 or 180 brakes, save that little bit extra for the brembos, or prehaps something like ksports or the likes

They are better, but I cannot find them anywhere, or at least for a decent price,

IMO GTI180 or GTI6 are best value for money upgrade.