206 GTI 180 Performance Mods

SydGTI180

Car
206 GTI180
Hi guys,
Recently I bought a 206 GTI 180. I am very happy with the car and planning on modifications in the near future.
Any suggestions for performance/handling/misc mods you guys have had good experiences with?
Thanks

Depends what you want to achieve really.
I have 2 peugeots myself but I'm not as clued up about the 206.

However, I do know if you want a turbo conversion then DP engineering are the people you want to speak to, they know a hell of a lot about it and sell kits for every PSA engine. Handling mods, well lowered suspenison is good, Spax RSX coilovers are a great upgrade and I can recommend Koni sports suspension also as I have them on my 306. Brakes just need uprated pads as they are quite large as standard, unless you wanted to spend over a £1000 for 4 pots.

hope this helps

I'd like to stay clear of forced induction (for now), so I might look into handling, CAI and exhaust. I'll look into the Spax RSX coilovers and the Koni's; and in regards to the brakes, I might just upgrade the pads rather than going for more cylinders.
Also, if it's relevant, I'm from Sydney, Australia, so unfortunately I won't have access to the garages that you recommend.
If you think of any other minor performance upgrades, that would be much appreciated :)

DP do ship to Aus, no problem...

Other mods would be remap as the 180 has VVT some decent gains could be had. In the UK Celtic tuning claim a 12 hp and 12 lbft gain with there remap. I dare say a tuner over in aus will be able to match those claims, and those are on an other wise standard engine with no other parts.

The remap sounds like a plan. I'll take a look at some reliable places and get it done sometime in the near future. Priority right now is a new set of tyres (or tires, whatever you like :)
Any suggestions? I'd like to get a good set of tyres, and don't really want to be buying a random set that just "fit".
I was looking at the following:
Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
Bridgestone Adrenalin Potenza RE001
Dunlop SP Sport Maxx
Pirelli PZero Nero
Falkens (Unsure of the exact model)

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for all the replies :) I'll keep you posted with my mods, and might get some pictures of the car up soon.

Not sure about the rest of the range of tyres that you mention, but the Pirelli PZero Nero to which I have personal experience off; are so soft on the side walls that the merest kiss off a kerb will render the tyre utterly useless. Also the rate in which the tyre wears away is just unbelievable!

Best mods for starters are always a good incuction system with an optimal cold air feed and free-flowing exhaust. If you can get away with it a decat or a sports cat. Suspension mods would be coilovers for sure rather than just springs. A remap would be the last item as the breathing mods would be taken into account. As for the tyres I can add that the Falkens you need would be the 452's which I run on both MGs and find them excellent.

I'm still on my provisional license (another 2-3 months) so induction might be possible in the near future (along with a CAI, exhaust and remap) as right now (under a provisional license) it is illegal to have any "performance modifications". At the moment thou, I'm looking to get a nice set of wheels first and most probably sticking with the Falken tyres (excuse the pun).
Only concern right now is any problems associated with reducing the wheel size with regards to getting air flow to the brakes or effects on handling (I'd like to get 15-16" light weight wheels)
Opinions?
Thanks for all the replies :) Appreciated!
Pics coming soon! Been pretty busy with study... :(

Why reduce the wheel diameter? Bear in-mind that reducing the diameter will mean a change in tyre specification to ensure the correct rolling circumference is kept. Therefore a smaller wheel diameter will need a tyre with a taller sidewall, which in-turn will compromise the handling. For track applications this is not an issue as long as the wheel clears the brakes as MPH is not recorded via the standard dash gauge. Also another way to alter the ratios when changing diffs. Road cars will be the issue as the speedo will mis-read if too far off original specification wheel and tyre package.

Hey guys,
Quick update! Sorry I haven't been on in a while, been very busy!
Bought a new set of wheels (OZ Racing Ultraleggeras in a 17x7, 205 with 40 sidewalls)
I've got Falkens on the car right now and I'm very happy with them! Thanks for the help! I'm looking at some more mods soon. I'll let you guys know how it all goes :)