206 grand terisme needs supercharging!

R

richardson4851

please help me i have a mint condition 206 gt but i want more power so really would like to supercharge it cause heard it cheaper than a turbo. can anyone help me get started? thanks craig

I think it would be a bit to tight on space under the bonnet tbh, plus it's only cheaper if you do it yourself. Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

Not necessarily, it's all about selecting the right one, if it's too big then yes it will be more of a hindrance than help

most pug engines have been supercharged by someone, I don't know which engine he has, so I can't give a definitive answer

Hi i also have the 206 gt and instead of turbo i was thinking of high lift cams and chip it i only started im in the early stages of deciding also of what to do .What else have you done to yours .

Thanks mate i had a look at the website i have a noisey tappet from the last owner not bothering to change the oil often and not letting it warm up .Is there any solution for this im changing the oil friday morning as im abit worried about doing more damage .

If you have a noisey tappet then it needs adjusting, changing the oil won't hurt the engine, just make sure you use a good quality oil thats the correct grade

I had a 00 306 hdi 2litre turbo diesel there a fast machine pleanty of torque great car to handle just throw it into a bend no problem how do you find the car on pullies i had to change them twice .

The bottom pulley on the HDi is a common problem for them

Just buy a genuine Peugeot part and you'll be fine else you probably will end up bining a lot of patent parts...

Last feb i started my own electrical company so id to sell the car to buy the van .I bought a set inca van and kept the celica ,so last week i bought the 206 it was clean and the reg is 00kk206 so i had to buy i told the woman then shes starting to come around now about it ha .

Ya its the 136bhp the wrc version very rare in ireland only 50 came over here in 2000 .Im going to maybe lower it and exaust i want to keep it as origanal on the outside as possible maybe lower it drop it about 25mm all round and induction kit and maybe a janspeed exaust .I put the full janspeed on a 93 1.5 dual carb civic years ago it was like a group n car lovely sound the older the exaust got the louder .What have you done to your car .