206 Engine Conversion

Pretty much an unplug and plug in Job as far as I know. Have you done any engine swaps before?

You will need the GTI ecu of course. Not sure if the immobiliser is set in the ECU if so you might also need to change the locks/security.

which GTI engine you going for?
the early one with about 130hp or the late one with 180hp?

it all depends on tuning because apparantly the 130 you can get bigger power outputs from....

The 180hp engine as i can get one quite cheap. No never done a engine swap before so i would need to get somone to do it. I asked about the Conversion on a 206 because i have never seen any sort of engine Conversion on a 206 on the whole net!!

Thanks for all the replies. I've just found this on Ebay - A remap and superchip for an xsi. Can I just fit this or will I need to change anything else? He claims you can raise bhp from 110 to 162.Any other comments? Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-206-1...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

sounds too good to be true if you ask me....

did he say who did the remap?

and 99P is very cheap....

seem too mcuh of a gain from jstu remapping a non turbo charged engine...

if you up the fueling by 15% (hyperthetically) you need 15% more air to keep the mixture right and get the most energy out of the fuel else you jsut wasting it...

Last edited:
No way can a 99p part give this power gain. If it was that easy then why haven't Peugeot done it themselves?

It is probably nothing more than a resisistor that fools the car into thinking the air is colder than it it.

yeap if you were to buy it and open it up youd find.

a lot of silicone / foam / glue with a resistor that can be bout for around 3p.

as waynnes said itll ether tell the ecu the airs colder or keep the injectors open longer

My advice is tell him to piss off. That mod is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The 206 GTi will give more power gain but there are problems with the ECU and wiring loom (speaking from experience). I changed out my looms and had the ECU overhauled by PugSport in conjunction with Peugeot themselves. This solved the problems with the ECU.

Don't bother with the 'standard' Gti engine, the 180 is a steel and alu setup which can handle 200bhp as standard, if you upgraded the O.E parts you can get a LOT more out of it. As Waynne said, you won't get much power increase from a non turbo'd car. If you do turbo the GTi 180 engine, whilst the actual conversion will be 'simple', unplug, plug in. The turbo will need custom mounts, custom everything to be honest. You can't get away with a bodge job, mind you if you're putting that much work into it I doubt you'd risk the car.

Its all going to depend on what your budget is, how much time you have and if you are taking it to a garage or shop or whatever, how much cash you have to throw at it. Any questions, give me a buzz.

hi mate i am a peugeot technican i have drove both the GTI 130bhp and the 180 bhp.if you are going to change the engine i would go with the 180.i have actualy done an engine change in a 180 today.labour you ar looking at about 8 hours min.You are going to have to take it to a peugeot dealer to get the ecu matched to the bsi (immobiliser reasons)apart from that any mechanic will be able to fit it with out a problem.just remember big engine big brakes.