206 1.6 to GTi 180

Jake206

Car
Peugeot 206 1.6 GLX
I'm looking to swap out my old 1.6 as it's dying out with a good shell. But I need information on regards to what is essential for switching firstly. The engine is not problem, including all looms, ecu, fob, ignition barrel etc whole swap. But should I upgrade suspensions, brakes, lowering, etc. What is essential?

I also would like to lower my 206, is the best way with front springs and a spline on the torsion or swap that out? I'm cheap and easy so if it can be done tomorrow, it'll be done today.
Appreciate the help

suspension will be needed as the 2.0 will weigh more than the 1.6. its up to you if you want OEM or aftermarket
Brakes again the heavier engine will need more help stopping in the same difference so again look and see what can be done there, dont know if the older 406 brembos would fit with some custom adaptors

I'm looking to swap out my old 1.6 as it's dying out with a good shell. But I need information on regards to what is essential for switching firstly. The engine is not problem, including all looms, ecu, fob, ignition barrel etc whole swap. But should I upgrade suspensions, brakes, lowering, etc. What is essential?

I also would like to lower my 206, is the best way with front springs and a spline on the torsion or swap that out? I'm cheap and easy so if it can be done tomorrow, it'll be done today.
Appreciate the help
Why not just get a gti180, you can pick one up for £1000/£1500. Save you a major headache. good luck.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back