206 1.4L 8v from malaysia

ain206

Car
p3ugeot 206
hi there,

i am from malaysia an own a brand new PUG 206 1.4L 8v (A) with tiptronic gearbox for the past 2 years. I would say it is a good car and enjoyble to drive. Consumption is about 14km/L and had clocked 85K km. It is still in stock standard as modification/upgrading is hard to find in my country. The set back is lack of power. Sluggish from stand still but like very stable in high speed. Highest speed attain is 186km/h s recorded in by the GPS.

I am looking at increasing it's power without changing the engine. Have look into various option such as changing the air filter like induction kit, remapping, changing to sport exhaust and extractor system etc. Pls help and advice what would be the best option to squeeze a bit more power from the engine . Putting turbo aside what is the max HP/torque can be attain out of this engine.

And if i were to seek assistance from you guy in getting part and accessories anyone willing to assist towards purchasing and shipping it to malaysia.

Would be glad to any assistance rendered.

Hello and welcome to the site mate

as with most small engined cars theres not much to be gained for from what youve put up. maybe 15bhp you really need to do major work on the internals to see a power gain.
also look at camshaft(s) and headwork - gas flowed bigger valves.
higher compression pistons

the downside is this is alot of work for, the money involed, little gain compared to going and getting a second hand engine with more power to start with.
even after you have increased the power have you thought about handling and stopping ?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back