206 1.4 16v Sport adding TURBO?

B

bennjj

Just a thought guys, i got the car about 2 years ago its a great car but iv gotten used to its power and it just doesnt want to go anymore... i mean i see like punto Gts with 1.4T and the new 500 abarths, so if they can do it..cant i? if you could supply any information at all, how much it will cost, will my car be able to handle a turbo...
Many thanks!

it can be done, you can buy low compression turbo's, you could even supercharge it but to be honest it would be so much easier to put an original turbo engine in

Well what i think he means is run low boost from the turbo,

However, what i would do is lower the engine compression ratio of the engine so you can reliably run a good amount of boost to make worth while power and torque gains, I wouldn't got over board though...i'd peg it at 180 hp it might go more but you want to be able to drive your car rather than it being permanently be on the drive way also yo may want to think about upgrading tyres, brakes and suspension and possibly get an lsd, you want to be able to use the most of those horses...

you will also need to consider that once you have done all that, the engine will require more looking after, more frequent oil changes are going to be need because the oil will get contaminated quicker...
Clean oil works far better than dirty stuff

Last edited: