206 1.1i LX

PUG206Owner

Car
Puegeot 206 1.1i LX
ive currently got a puegeot 206 1.1i LX ive added a K&N airfilter to try and get it a bit quiker but its not made a lot of difference....

does any one know of any tuning i can do to my engine to make it tha little bit quiker/faster as it is slugish accelerating

thanks

Hi there pug Owner. Welcome to TorqueCars, I'd be surprised if the induction kit hasn't robbed you of power. Try it again with the standard air box and see if there is an improvement.

Tuning a 1.1 does not give a very good return on your money :(. Power is added as a percentage of what you have already got. An engine swap would certainly be one of your best options.

HDi Fun is quite correct, and the 110 HDi engine is particularly good. Track days in the 206 HDi 110 are amazing, the diesel engine will still power along long after the petrols have gone in for a re-fuel.

Try getting the HDi engine, re-map it and fit a variable vane turbo with Hydronics waste gate (this waste gate is technically still a prototype but Peugeot are trialling it on a new car that will be out late next year.... but I didn't tell you that???)

;) Your secret is safe with us.

What are the benefits of this wastegate over the standard one then Danny?

The Hydronics waste gate in trial at the moment has quoted figures that simply astound me. Its quoted that the waste gate and co-joining system provide much higher blow off capabilities for ANY turbo engine, regardless of fuel type. They trialled it on 2 Pugs this year, (307 HDi and 406 Saloon) and found that in both instances, the turbo read-out for power and efficiency rose by nearly 4%. For simply adding a gate, I thought that was pretty amazing. I have seen a 308 1.8TDi with a similar setup and it just seemed to have endless power. The wastegate was definitely doing its job as the turbo lag was decreased by....I think the techy said 2% overall on an average test drive of 3 miles. The system was tested under track conditions and 'average road use' and it was found that without the gate, fuel economy was slighty higher (to be expected really) but power was lower and turbo lag was more evident.

I hope to be able to load up some pictures of it and possibly a video to show what it can really do.

I look forwards to seeing that. Video is usually best put on Youtube although I have a feeling that this forum will not allow video uploads but I'll check on this. Perhaps this is something I should add after I get the gallery working.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back