205 Tuning suggestions and tips

You'd have terrible fueling problems, like I said in another post your MAP sensor only reads negative pressure and you would be putting positive pressure though it so it would only inject the maximum fuel it is mapped/can read to which will be no wear near what is required and there for will run very hot and you will burn your pistons out,

about the only thing I can suggest that you can get around without replacing the ecu or adding 5th injector or replacing the MAP sensor is to go for a supercharger, then you can relocate the throttle body and map sensor to the other side of the compressor (so the throttle and map would be attached to the inlet of the supercharger) then the map sensor would only be reading negative pressures still, you won't need a dumpvalve as the forced induction part would be after the throttle and you could keep your standard ecu and just upgrade the injector and get is mapped and your dizzy set to suit, I would say now this is the best way for you to go without upsetting your engines electronics and would make for a far easier and neater install

i wish i knew u before :p i woudnt have bought the turbo and the blow off valve and the other stuff :p but now im stuck with the turbo so i have to make it work even if it means building a map sensor from scratch :p anw ill keep searching till i find it :) thx again jarrus ive taken so much of ur time :)

ok then, from what I can find then you will need a piggy back ecu, an ecu that controlls the 5th injector when it's on boost, the piggy back ecu will be able to read the positive pressure on the MAP sensor and deliver the extra fuel as required,

that should solve your problem,

I just ask one thing of you chap, keep us posted on your progress with your car, start a project thread, I always like seeing something come together so it will be nice to see it all working :)

by the way, you will have to pay someone to map the piggyback ecu for you, that's the only catch I can for see

well, the project's doing fine, i got the turbo a repair kit, and i got the pistons for only 250$ :p used offcourse :p some polishing will do just fine, tomoro the car is going into surgery (6) and ill keep u up to date

Awesome, post up a new thread in the projects section and use lots of pictures of the progress, we like to see projects like this take shape :)

dear jarrus, hope u remember me, its been a long time, and the project has taken for ever, and faced many problems and its 90% finished till now, the engine was restored brand new, the pistons fitted perfectly, the turbo i faced a problem with, it started smoking after a couple of days, turned out to be a bad turbo, i got a new one today and will replace it maybe wednesday, as for the fuel im not gonna get a map sensor nor an ecu im just gonna put an extra injector system it should work fine after some tuning, i tried the car with all this #!#!#!#! in the turbo and with all that smoke coming from it,im running it at 1.2bar and it is awesome it has sooo much power i never thought it would turn out to be like that so now i have the bring my attention the brakes how to make them stronger and the suspension and stability of the car its too dangerous to drive like that, and should be finished in a couple of days. Thanks for ur help man

Sound all good then mate, how much power are you running now then it sounds like quite a beast,
Do you need help with brakes and suspension cause I can advise on that as well,

Brett

Ps no problem :)

yea man i seriously need help with the brakes and suspension, its got arround 250bhp not sure yet but on a drag race it kicked the ass of a 2004 BMW 545 pretty beasty yea :p

Nice....

Brakes, I would either use ones from a 306 gti6 or a 206 gti180 (it could be called the 206 rc in you country) if you can't get either of those then the 307 hdi 136 has brakes the same as the 206 i just mentioned and will fit behind the standard 205 speedlines
use frodeo ds2500 pads and some form of grooved discs for best results

suspension, a good quality coilover kit is a good if you've got the cash something like a bilstein set and a stiffer rear ARB

http://torquecars.potn.com/koni-peu...-30mm-front-and-mm-rear-11302310_p1357724.htm

those are quite good,

or eibach springs and bilstien b8 sprint dampers are the way to go with a stiffer rear anti roll bar and powerflex bushes all around

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/products/205+Gti+&+309+Gti-224/1.html

also have you checked the speed rating of your tyres?

Last edited: