205 106gti conversion

HI benlooker, welcome to the site nice to have you along. Try Spooks motorsport they do a lot of conversions and can usually supply a kit of the parts you will need. Have you thought of an 160bhp Mi16 conversion these I know have been done and are awesome.

Tell us abit about yourself, where your from and your car(s) and plans!

The easiest and most pocket friendly conversion you can do to one of these without killing your insurance, is to drop in a Citroen AX GT lump in. Its the same 1.4 engine but Citroen tweaked it a little and put a bit more oomph behind it. I did this to my brothers 205XS years ago and it went like poo of a stick, especially for a 1.4

Hmmm surely the most simple conversion would be to a 1.6 or 1.9GTI engine, but like Wayne says, I'd go for an Mi16!

Not heard of an AX GT conversion, however these are very easy to turbo ;) Just something to get you thinking..

Can't imagine a 106 GTI/VTS engine would be my first port of call!

Peugeot Ecosse do the 106 GTi engine transplant for the 205, but you'll need about £4k burning a hole in your back pocket. Once that's in, you have the option of wringing out even more power with a supercharger, turbo or throttle body conversion.

With the AX GT swap you dont have to change the gearbox, mounts or wiring loom it is simply out with the old and in with the new. And due to it being the same head and block castings, my brother forgot to inform his insurance company about his. :wink:

yeah ive had a few quotes, bout 2k for either 106gti or Mi16 engine, just thinking of giving it a bash myself! thort id be a bit different and go for the 106gti. does all the suspension subframe need chaning for the Mi16 engine to fit?

Owch that seems like rather alot.

I'm guessing for that price there must be quite a bit of work involved.

106GTi/VTS engines are relatively cheap now. You can pick up a fair condition one with a g/box for under £500.

This AX GT conversion sounds more promising to me! I've heard the bottom ends are pretty indestructible too ;)

BOOST IIIIT!!!!!

the most expensive part is reangerling the manafold.if you dont do this you have to take bits out of the bulkhead.with mi16 you can use a bog standered 1.9gti box. then you have to think about brakes and bits like that. :)