Torque Cars

2017 Dacia Sandero

Discussion in 'Say Hello & introduce yourself' started by Mario68, 27 June 2019.

1. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    Hello! My name is Mario i live in French St Martin in the Caribbean, my Car is a 2017 Dacia Sandero 2 Stepway 1.6 16v . My plan is to modify the performance and handling of the Car. In fact to i already change the coilspring to H&R lowering spring and spacers also many other modification.

obi_waynne and Lunchmoney like this.
  2. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    Guys. I buy a ProRacingX OBD2 ChipBox specifically for my Dacia car, but I would like to know if anyone on the forum know about the device

3. bogorge

bogorge Wrench Pro

uk
    Car:
    focus rs
    I'm not familiar with that performance chip. If you bought one, take a dyno test to see if there's really a power improvement.

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    The Dacia engines are not tuned that well from the factory so any kind of remap or piggy back ECU will help.

Does the ProRacing X remap the car or does it just adjust fuelling and timing?

Springs are a great idea, the factory setup is not great and H&R are a good solid choice. Don't drop it too low or go too mad with the spacers though.

5. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    The device is a plug & play. It plugs into the OBD2 Port and changes the setting of the Ecu which in turn give a higher torque and horse power and also a lower Co2 and fuel consumption

For lowering of the Car. The front is 3.5cm and the back of the Car 4cm.

The spacers are 1.5cm also from H&R

6. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    What is the ChipBox OBD2 and how does it work

This is a device that contains a MicroChip chip with a built-in flash memory. This memory contains a three- dimensional table of values, called the ignition map. It contains information defining the boost pressure, the dosage of fuel injection, ignition angle, injection timing- depending on numerous current parameters i.e. the temperature of the air supplied, current air density, engine speed, throttle position and many others.
    by connecting the device we will modify this map and receive more power and torque increase in return

The device was developed basing on three main consumer's demands.
    - The need to create an easy-to-use Plug & play device.
    - The requirement to develop technology of bypassing the ECU blockade (Anti-Tune) imposed by the ECU's producers without losing any vehicle warranties.
    - The desire to replace a permanent and expensive remapping with much cheaper and effective solution.

This is some of the information that I get with the catalog

7. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    Here is more information about the ProRacingX OBD2 ChipBox

What is the ChipBox OBD2 and how does it work

This is a device that contains a MicroChip chip with a built-in flash memory. This memory contains a three- dimensional table of values, called the ignition map. It contains information defining the boost pressure, the dosage of fuel injection, ignition angle, injection timing- depending on numerous current parameters i.e. the temperature of the air supplied, current air density, engine speed, throttle position and many others.
    by connecting the device we will modify this map and receive more power and torque increase in return

The device was developed basing on three main consumer's demands.
    - The need to create an easy-to-use Plug & play device.
    - The requirement to develop technology of bypassing the ECU blockade (Anti-Tune) imposed by the ECU's producers without losing any vehicle warranties.
    - The desire to replace a permanent and expensive remapping with much cheaper and effective solution.

This is some of the information that I get with the catalog

8. Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney The Torque Meister

Poole, UK
    Car:
    '98 JDM Impreza STI
    Please tell me it wasnt something akin to this?

9. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    No it's nothing like that, it look more professional than this which came in a beautiful box with the name of the device and the catalog of how to installed the device and also has other device which the company have for all types of vehicles. It plugs in the OBD2 Port.
    It have a warrantie for one month.

10. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Just an aside, and because you've inspired me to do it, i've recently added a Sandero tuning guide to our site.
    https://www.torquecars.com/dacia/sandero-tuning.php

Please let me have your comments and feedback so I can make it as useful as possible to people.

Mario68 likes this.
  11. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    The dacia front top mounts needs upgrading. As a dacia owner I have notice that the front of the Car does have alot of vibration that because the top mount is not fasten direct to the body of the Car. In my dacia I ordered the top solid mounts from k-tecracing.co.uk which give a much better handling.

12. obi_waynne

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Your advice has been included in the article and your comment is live at the bottom of the page.

Thank you for your feedback and tips.

Mario68 likes this.
  13. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste
    Thanks continue the good works.
    God bless you

14. Mario68

Mario68 Full member

Car:
    Dacia Sandero 2 Ste