2012 Leon Fr.

My mate has a 2001, and its been remapped. Good fuel economy, and good power. Not too shabby inside either. Haven't been in a new one, so don't know what there like. But the older ones are ok. :)

Pentagon Ashbourne recently closed down, so I can't suggest them, but there's plenty of others.

i drove a insignia today,just a boggo 1.9d i think ,it was a hire car work got me to drive to atherstone to attend a course.it was an automatic.
tbh nice enough car but nothing special to drive,it was just ....alright.

get the seat.;)

Last edited:
the leon has the same engine as mine.
not a bad engine def not a turbo petrol, supposed to be alot better after mapping. only thing is i do find it slightly laggy in higher gears.
general running i get mid 40s going up to low 50s on motorways sitting around 75-80 indicated. if you slow down and hold 70 then mid 50s on longer runs. town driving does kill the economy though.
dpf ive not had any issues with mine so far as the common rail engine burns cleaner than the older PD engines although they gave better economy and grunt they just smoke to badly for the dpf to cope with anything other than motorway driving really. good idea to do a run where it can be left in 4th or 5th between 1800-2500rpm to help clear any soot before it does start to clog up. think it needs at least 15mins to clear once its heat up.

geraint your mate would have the older style 1.9 pd for a 2001 160bhp? before mapping

I'd been pondering an insignia sri so I went part-number hunting and from what I can tell the 2.0T SRI has the same intercooler as the 2.8VXR, so you should be able to map it up to 260/270 bhp without needing to change the intercooler. They might be a bit dull but they have lots of kit as standard.

I took a Leon FR TDi for a test drive a while back, but after an exhaustive run on 'the lot', motorways, speed ramps, what-have-you, I concluded that I couldn't live with the suspension set up, which to my mind was way to firm for the level of power. Still got a 2.0 TDi though, but not an FR. It seemed to me that it was a recipe to start rattling pretty quickly down the line, probably inside the dashboard, and I can forgive a car most things as long as it doesn't bloody rattle!

I had heard that they where stiff.
Although that wouldn't bother me as my old Focus had a very stiff setup and the current Astra is just as stiff.
I opted for an Insignia in the end.