2010 Ford Focus RS mkII

Hi do we have any Focus owners out there? What about the ST and RS models? What mods have you done to them?

Hi

I have an 2010 RS mkII (400 bhp, 500 nm) with the following mods:

- ECU remap (Autotech/JWR100)
- Airtec intercooler
- Scorpion turbo-back exhaust (decat)
- Bosch 650cc fuel injectors
- Mountune airbox with an additional custom 3" bottom intake pipe
- K&N air filter
- GGR engine mount
- Powerflex front bushes
- Roose silicone hose kit (upper engine bay)
- RS rallyflapz
- Compomotive Motorsport wheels, satin black, 18x9" (with TPI black wheel nuts and painted black standard brake calipers)
- Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta XL 97Y tyres, 265/35/18

I bought the car brand new 15 months ago and went with a stage 1 remap + intercooler only after 3 months of ownership. Another 3 months later I had exhaust, injectors, and a few other bits installed alongside a new remap.

It's a lovely car and despite the 400 horses with only FWD I can in fact get all the power down from 2nd gear and up, whereas in 1st gear it's a bit difficult to control wheel spin on a wide open throttle.

frs_knutstorp_2011_03.jpg

frs_knutstorp_2011_04.jpg

frs_knutstorp_2011_05.jpg

It sounds lovely as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJCzuRu70EI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4OXKnrlmo

I have just gotten aftermarket coilovers, BC Racing BR Series, and hopefully I'll have them fitted within the next few weeks.

Re: Focus owners - say hello!

Hi Dannemare and Welcome to TorqueCars.

Your post got stuck in the moderation queue as you require 10 posts before you can upload pics or links. I've approved it for you this time mate.;)
Have a wander round an you'll soon hit 10. :)

Car looks awesome by the way.

Nice motor and a decent spec. I just can't help but wonder why Ford decided FWD would be best. How does it handle on track?

P.S. I've moved this to it's own project thread. Just don't forget to keep us updated!

During development of the RS, Ford had actually built an AWD prototype but it was slower around the Ring and the added weight also meant slower straight-line performance, of course. This, combined with the added cost no doubt, swayed them towards a FWD setup instead, and with the introduction of the RevoKnuckle together with a Quaife LSD, it handles the power really well and you can go on the throttle earlier coming out of a corner compared to what would be possible with a "normal" FWD setup. I'm sure AWD would have been better for small tracks with loads of tight corners, however.

Dyno sheet

Dyno sheet

(yellow is torque; red is power)

my-dynosheet.jpg

The next power step will be 420 bhp and even though others are already at 450 bhp with standard internals, I will stop at 420 bhp until I can afford pistons, con rods, etc.

One of the best performing RS on track is probably the Raeder Motorsports Ford Focus RS (363 hp, 1441 kg, semi-slicks + new suspension, diff and other stuff). It has lapped the Ring in 7.58

raeder-frs-ringen.jpg

It's most certainly decent company that surrounds it.
yep.gif

7.55 min – Ferrari F430 F1 – 490 hp, 1493 kg, semi-slicks
7.56 min – Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale – 425 hp, 1387 kg, semi-slicks
7.56 min – Ferrari California – 460 hp, 1787 kg
7.57 min – AC Schnitzer Tension (M6) – 552 hp, 1797 kg, semi-slicks
7.58 min - Raeder-Ford Focus RS - 363 hp, 1441 kg, semi-slicks
8.02 min - Aston Martin DBS - 517 hp, 1727 kg
8.03 min – Aston Martin V8 Vantage ’06 – 385 hp, 1636 kg, semi-slicks
8.04 min – Audi R8 (V8) – 420 hp, 1595 kg, semi-slicks
8.05 min – Porsche 911 Carrera S (997 mk1) – 355 hp, 1461 kg, sport-suspension
8.05 min – BMW M3 Coupé (E92) – 420 hp, 1608 kg, semi-slicks
8.05 min – Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series – 507 hp, 1745 kg, semi-slicks
8.05 min - Ferrari 575M Maranello F1 - 525 hp, 1775 kg

Hi Dannemare!
I like Focus as an model and like your RS even better!
Thank you for the video from N-ring! Very, very involving footage. In some ocassions I almost could feel how rear end settled after lite lift off right foot.
Hope someday in future you will post your own video from Ring and I wish your video will be even shorter! ;)

love it mate really good spec there and sounds like its been mapped well with you being able to get good grip in 2nd gear :)

also for anyone who thinks that fwd isnt a good thing just go and drive one of these if you get chance im sure you will soon change your views

As I said in your other thread, these are a fantastic car. Not many other FWD cars put such power down like these do. Ford has worked wonders with the Revoknuckle system.

Cheers for the comments, guys. JWR's own development car is currently here in Sweden at Autotech HQ in Trollhättan. It will have somewhere between 500-550 bhp when it's all done over the winter.

Below is a recent dyno of Autotech's own development car. The dyno sheet is showing wheel power so it equates to about 535 at the flywheel. I'm sure it's a mouthful to handle in the lower gears, however. :bigsmile:

Peter_Autotech_dyno.jpg