2010 duretec 2.5. Weight for basic longblock

jta777

Car
2010 Fusion s 2.5
Looking at a WAY off road use for 2.5 and need weight of basic longblock to start weight calculations. All help appreciated. My on road use is a 2010 Fusion s 6 manual in the greenish black color with rear spoiler. Runs pretty fair, but Im thinking a K&N, drop it 1-1.5 inches and firm up body roll. It should not be too harsh riding and drive much better. Only 51,500 on clock. Still new. Hi to everyone.

Hello and welcome |B

While I am unable to help re the block weight I can tell you that the K&N will not add any noticeable power over a clean factory filter and the K&N WILL NOT filter as efficiently as the factory item.. It may give more induction noise that gives some the impression of more power.

According to the ford Datasheet the 2.5 Duratec Weight is around 116Kg

Dry sump conversion and lighter balanced crank and pistons will help shave a little more off this. Cast manifolds add quite a bit of weight to the engine, so stainless steel alternatives make sense, and I note some manufacturers are using plastic air intakes on direct injection models to further save weight and cost.

According to the ford Datasheet the 2.5 Duratec Weight is around 116Kg

Dry sump conversion and lighter balanced crank and pistons will help shave a little more off this. Cast manifolds add quite a bit of weight to the engine, so stainless steel alternatives make sense, and I note some manufacturers are using plastic air intakes on direct injection models to further save weight and cost.
Is that the weight for a bare long block without intake exhaust etc,etc. This project will hopefully is undertaken attain considerably higher elevations. lol Small turbo, max power and rpm will be 4000 and cruise will be 3300 rpm. Hopefully with only 6-8 lbs boost and make 160-175 hp at 4000.Thanks again

I believe it is, but it doesn't say! Interestingly some regions used aluminium blocks with steel liners and others had full cast iron blocks particularly older blocks I'm pretty sure yours is Aluminium judging by the year.

I like your plan, it should be good.