200SX mods

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What are the best mods for the 2.0 Turbo 200SX?

If you own one then tell us what you've done to yours and which mods you found to work the best.

hey, i got my 240sx just a couple of days ago, so im low on cash for now, but striping it out was my first step, and improved the handeling a little bit, i doubt it would improve track time, but feels better :D

Hey Waynne, if you have a 2.0 in your car I would not recommend any modifications to this motor. The 2.0 is a base and the con rods are not strong enough for boost. It may last for a daily driver with less than 3 or 4psi of boost but any more and you could expect carnage.:sad2:

The SR20DET is highly tunable .. Reading in a car mag, some swedish dude stripped down the s14a to 907kg, bored it out to 2.2 with a stroker kit, re-built and upgraded etc...running 600+hp .. Thats one fast mofo car.
There was a wee artical and he said boring it out to 2.2 with the stroker kit is a good idea. Strenghening the internals for high boost as the standard dont last long...then the usual mods..they say with the gt35 turbo and a few other mods you could easily run 400hp.
I am looking for an 200sx just now to do up.

There are still some good clean examples about but they seem to be up for silly money.:(