2007 Grande Punto 1.2

NIBBIT1989

Car
Grande Punto 1.2
Hey. This would be my first post so i hope its in the right place.

does anyone know if you can slot a 1.4 tjet engine into the 1.2 actives space? just having a 1.2 is a little depressing at times...specially when you pull out to overtake a tractor and quickly realise your gonna die if you try it..:(

also if anyone knows any sites or places where i can get simple power upgrades jsut to get a little more power or torque outta it.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us. Please don't waste your time and money trying to get more power out of a 1.2 engine. ;)

You should be able to swap the 1.4 engine in but you would also need the gearbox, ecu and wiring loom from the 1.4 to make this work. Why not look at the Punto 1.6 sporting engine, if it's worth doing an engine swap get the biggest you can fit in.;)

cheers, i thought about it and decided i'll go for looks and some sounds. Just bought angel eyes!...sooooo nice!! a little adjusting needed mind u they point reli low to the ground fo rmy liking, had really bright bulbs on th standard lights so does anyone know where you can buy the bulbs that fit in the angel eyes?...i would just go to halfords, but they are truely useless in there

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us. Please don't waste your time and money trying to get more power out of a 1.2 engine. ;)

You should be able to swap the 1.4 engine in but you would also need the gearbox, ecu and wiring loom from the 1.4 to make this work. Why not look at the Punto 1.6 sporting engine, if it's worth doing an engine swap get the biggest you can fit in.;)

The T-jet engine the OP is referring to is turbo-charged. I don't think there is a 1.6 petrol engine avaliable in the new Grande's.