2007 Eclipse Gt Spyder

SteveStewart

Car
2007 Eclipse GT
Just bought one. Has 74,000 km. the original owner had a sport suspension install when new, has 20" wheels. Stock engine. 3.8 l, K&N Typhoon air intake, Magnaflow exhaust. I feel there has been tongue lost but would like to do more work to achieve better performance. Having a hard time finding anyone who works on these cars. Anyone out there worked on theirs. I need some advice.
From Ontario, Canada.

Greetings and welcome to our TorqueCars forum buddy :)

Not familiar with that particular model myself, but we do have some very knowledgeable members on here who might be able to help you. Good luck

Thank you T9 man. I sure hope to get some help soon. I will be putting it away in a month and would love to have this work completed during the off season.
This car is fun to drive but is screaming for a bit more HP. The Eclipse changed in 2006 and evolved until 2012. I believe the 2006 and 2007 are the same with dual exhaust introduced in 2008 and up. Minor cosmetic changes from 2008 on.

Yes, mine looks sporty due to the lowered suspension and I have a different rear spoiler, body moldings and 20" wheels upgraded. Has K&N and Magnaflow exhaust. Sounds faster but it's not. I am looking for other things to do and warnings of things to avoid doing.

That is where I found the info for the K&N Typhoon and Exhaust but what they did not say was you would loose bottom end torque. Torque is why you want a car like this. I want it to pull hard down low, I don't want a high speed demon. So, I'm a little apprehensive when is comes to just reading Google ad's and buying based on the website Dyno reports etc.... That's why I joined a forum. I would like to end up chatting with someone who has this car and has made changes and had positive results not a sales person who goes by the literature.
Could you be more specific if you know where I should be going on Google. Maybe I'm missing something.

Afraid I can't help as I have a 4G63 motor and not a v6 BUT the basics are the same for any motor to get more power it needs more air and fuel and if as you say you want it to pull hard down low the IMO your options are a belt driven supercharger OR a smallish turbo but the turbo path is more complicated as there are more parts needed.

The workshops on various sites will give you an indication as to what mods can be done to your particular motor along with the results (Dyno charts) that you can expect and any honest shop should be able to put you in contact with the owners of cars they have modded/improved.

Last edited: