2007 air to air turbo 986

NamVetH21

Car
2007 porsche 986
Dropped off my 986 S at Vortex Motorsport in Tampa Fl. Dec. 1st 2014. Told on the phone today would be ready next week. today is: 4/30/2015. haven't been told why it took so long. The estimate I was e-mailed said it would have a 750hp turbo w/ a water to air induction system. when I talked to them on the phone they said they had done hundreds
of turbo & exhausts. when I dropped my ride off Dec. 1st. The guy said: while walking in front of me heading to
a lift to show me their welding work: He had never done a Boxster`before. To make a long story short, the guy
who gave me the estimate quite. they've refigured the whole exhaust system and decided on an air to air option.
Today they told me the injectors were poring in to much fuel and they have ordered a different set. I first found
TPC on line, but it was in Maryland and winter was upon us. I found Vortex on line and the first time I mentioned TPC he said we can do better than that. their just Japanese knock offs. Will let everyone know how
things work out! I hope for the best. Patience is a virtue!
NamVetH21

so have I got this right ?.............................

you have a porshe boxster s and it is having the turbo and exhaust changed to produce 750bhp

as they are around 270 out the factory this seems , how shall I put this "hopeful"

He said that it was getting a "750 hp turbo" fitted so how much power is he hoping to get?

I was told in the beginning it would probably put out 425 to 450 hp. I don't know if they meant wheel or brake. I'm just
curious if anyone thinks going on the 6th month is normal or an excessive amount of time for this kind of project?.
NamVetH21

Im sorry to be harsh but a bit of research would have shown 750 is fantasy without at least a complete and total engine rebuilt with a different level of parts.
Anybody getting their motor tuned up by 50%ish should know what turbo they are getting. If you have it post the turbo make and model up and I will tell you what it can produce because there isnt one that can run efficiently at 425ish yet produce 750 on your motor.

As to the 6 months of course it iusnt reasonable but bearing in mind what else they have said Im not at all surprised.

IMO if the shop had the in house skills and expertise relating to Porsche modifications and the parts required in hand before starting 4 weeks should have been sufficient or closer to the mark.