2006 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI

naps45

Car
2006 Audi 2.0 T FSI
Hello! I am tuning this Audi with my 15 year old son. He has been helping me for the past few years. This car was totaled, but we've brought it back. I love it, but will only go up to just passed 300hp since this is a FWD.
I'll be at the Slammedenuff event in Gatlinburg this coming October (2021).

I have a black A3 with matte bronze wheels. Come and say hi!

Can't wait to read through all the tuning.posts in this forum!

Thanks Wayne and moderators!

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

So sorry for my very slow reply, I've been looking after my mum who is very poorly at the moment - family always comes first.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you.

I like the sound of this project, we love diversity and respect ALL car projects.

What mods have you done already and which ones do you recommend? What things would you like us to cover in our articles on the main site? - Feedback from our members greatly shapes what content we research and provide.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Have you seen our new TV channel? Let us have your thoughts when you've got a chance to see it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

First--very sorry to hear about your mum's current health challenge...wishes to your family for her speedy recovery.

Second--thank you obi_waynne for the warm welcome.

Third--IE stage 2 tune, only running ST1 until I can put in a st2 clutch. We have recently installed a 3" DP to our K03 turbo. Followed by a FMIC, just installed. The plan is to add a HPFP, S3injectors, and upgrade the K03 to an F23T turbo, put in a higher bar FPR valve--then go to a Motoza hybrid tune. I also have an exhaust cutout that is waiting to be installed!
That's the plan.

Currently trying to work through whatever keeps giving me an overboost code.

Just put 22" wheels on my wife's Q5 and have lowering springs awaiting installation on her car.

So we are busy with cars!

The overboost is my biggest problem currently...and I've done just about everything I can at home to resolve it.
But it seems like I may need to have a local Audi tech get involved.

Overboost is often caused by a leak somewhere, it could be the MAF = the stock MAF does struggle when the pressure goes up beyond the "expected norm".

Does the turbo whine, whistle or give a siren like sound? If so it could be on it's way out.

Last edited:
Hello there and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars, it's great to meet you. We hope you enjoy your time here, it is a really friendly place with everyone here ready to share experiences, swap tips and talk about cars. You'll fit in really well buddy.

Did you get to the bottom of this?

Haven't solved it yet. I've looked at just about every bolt on piece and hose. Nothing gives. I have some starter fluid and may try to spray around the hoses to locate the leak. Eventually I'll take to a shop if I can't figure it out...but I know this becomes a cash dump.

A friend of mine uses a SKF TKSU 10 to detect air leaks, it even worked on a very slow leak in an air suspension kit. It's not worth buying one just for this, but if you can borrow one or your local mechanics have one it can save a lot of time in tracking this down.

I work in a metal shop and all the employees have tons of personal gear. Thanks for the suggestion. I will ask around!

Haven't solved it yet. I've looked at just about every bolt on piece and hose. Nothing gives. I have some starter fluid and may try to spray around the hoses to locate the leak. Eventually I'll take to a shop if I can't figure it out...but I know this becomes a cash dump.

Have you look at divertervalve Comon problem

The wastgate is there to prevent overboosting so IMO it might be faulty and not opening fully to release excess exhaust gasses.

I have experienced this when the hose controlling the gate developed cracks and reduced pressure to the gate so it did not open properly.

I have replaced the N75 and DV. Checked the hoses and verified the parts work. All good there.
What's weird is that I only get over boost when my stg 1 tune is flashed on the ECU. If I run stock or stg 2, then no P0234 code!
My son tells me this has everything to do with different requested vs actual boost amounts in the various stages.

It sounds like a fuel hole in the map, if the other more aggressive map is working ok then it must be down to the map and it's settings.

Are you getting a lot of torque peaks, or is it fairly smooth?

And I forgot to say earlier, you might want to look into a Torque Sensing (Torsen) diff when going over 230hp in a FWD, it makes a big difference to keeping the power down.

Here is a complete article I've just published about the overboost problem. It was based on a conversation/interview I had with a tuning company in Brazil this week

Hello and welcome, all the best for the new year, and I wonder what it holds for each of us.

Hopefully, this Virus thing will be gone and we can get on with our lives.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back