2005 s40 t5 awd best stage 1 upgraded for max horsepower.... Need all the help I can

Mattnconroy

Car
Volvo s40t5awd2005
Just got my car. Never was into cars til this one. I am researching but why try an reinvent the wheel. All u experts must know the cheapest fastest way to get from stage 0 to stage one. What did u do to your car?

Thanks a lot I'm really loving this car but want more acceleration and speed.

Re: 2005 s40 t5 awd best stage 1 upgraded for max horsepower.... Need all the help I

Hello and welcome.

Re: 2005 s40 t5 awd best stage 1 upgraded for max horsepower.... Need all the help I

Thanks a whole bunch for your help and links. I live in canada manitoulin island. My wife is jealous and tells me that I love my car more than I love her. I gad a quick reply something about the amount of upgrades available for a volvo...we'll u get the drift. There are so many things. Thinking of starting out with the k n air filter system.

There us a k@ n induction kit that is half the price.....I'm left confused what the difference is. Both claim to add 14.1 hp,0ne is a system and one is an induction kit any feedback

The I loved that muffler u sent be the ecocat. Then the interco0ler.

After that is kinda like the evolve ecu chip . This may take me a year to work up to the chip.

Anymore advice links are welcomed thanks for the help

Ik claims are always exaggerated. Get one with a cold air feed not enginr bay. I ghink they improve top end breathing a bit others think they are pointless and youre best just changing the oem paper filter regularly.

There us a k@ n induction kit that is half the price.....I'm left confused what the difference is. Both claim to add 14.1 hp,0ne is a system and one is an induction kit any feedback
One needs to be a bit skeptical about air cleaners and increased power claims. I would need to see a B4 & after dyno power test ON THE SAME CAR STRAIGHT AFTER THE FILTER CHANGE result Between a new clean factory filter and the K&N FITTED TO THE FACTORY AIRBOX to be convinced.

I seriously doubt that you will ever see a K&N on any off road desert race car or bike as they are inefficient dust catchers.

IMO power will only rise IF the factory filter is in some way restricting the amount of airflow the motor needs @ WOT

Just my 2 cents worth of logic :)