2004 1.2 8v Punto more power?

M

mulreadyz24

Hi guys this is my first post to here goes. Ive reciently bought a 2004 1.2 8v Punto ActiveSport. I was looking at getting more power out of the car, i know it has a standard of 60bhp and is woundering if i could boost it mabye 15-20bhp more.

Im not looking to spend a fortune on the car as its my first, i just want a bit more power to it. Ive looked into getting a K + N airfilter as a start would this be a good idea? My budget it no more than £100, including buying the airfilter. If you could list the item that i could get for it and the price range that would be great.

Anyhelp would be appreciated thanks.

With £100 you'll be lucky to get 2 or 3bhp, let alone 15-20.

You're wasting your time to be brutally honest. Might as well put he money towards saving for a quicker car, or a haircut or something.

I you must have an induction kit look towards GSR Performance based out of Red Dot in Watford. There's usually quite a wait on one of their kits but it's the best you'll find for your car.

short of getting an old supercharging your not going to see the 20 bhp easy.
M45 supercharger ( one thats fitted to the cooper s and a few others ) theres one on ebay for £350 buy now. or one at £140 with 6 days to go.
note youll also need BOV, intercooler, custom made intake and other pipework. would be looking at around maybe £600.

like MA said save you money and put it towards a decent car

Here are some estimated gains on your car
Sports exhaust 2 bhp
Induction kit 3 bhp (At peak power but with a slight loss at lower revs)
Remap/sports computer 6 bhp
Fast road cam 5-7 bhp

So you can see you are looking at little gain for lots of money. Do an engine swap or and I know you won't want to hear this, "save the money and invest it in your next car".

You can still enjoy driving your car without trying to increase your power.

a pipercross induction kit or something would be the only thing that would do.....anything not sure how much you can pick one up for tho