2003 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8t question

R

R11305

I recently bought an 03 Jetta 1.8t.. When I bought it I found a box in the back containing a Cold air intake, Blowoff Valve kit, 38mm Wastegate, And also a boost gauge and A pillar pod for it. And the real kicker was a Pyle view Plsd62. I Was wondering if anyone knew what would be needed to get this stuff installed. the DVD player is already in, I got that myself and the BOV is simple. Im not sure if there is anything Required to put on the wastegate though. Any help would be greatly appreciated

hey and welcome,
you must be american then, we call the Mk4 jetta a bora over here.

dont fit the blow of kit as the 1.8t uses a closed loop system. when the diverter valve opens same as the BOV but instead of dumping it to the atmosphere it returns it to the intake so the air is slightly pressurised. if you fit the BOV then the car runs slightly rich for a few seconds. sell it on and look or a diverter valve, look at forge 007p valve.

re wastegate im not sure as the wastegate is build into the OEM turbos as far as im aware

Thats a pretty good find, I wish my cars came with boxes of bits. What blowoff valve is it? If it is a partially diverting/bov then you should get away with it but as PG says a full atmospheric BOV will often confuse the ECU and causes problems.