2003 2L hdi dispatch non starter kindof help please

Jambo1uk

Car
Citroen dispatch
Hi I'm mew here I'm Jamie I have the chance to buy cheap a 2003 2L hdi dispatch here's the problem 1St I need a van is this the way to go I can get the above van cheap it turns over with the key but don't start it will however bump start I know very little about vans or citroens with this can there will be a spares one too so I can get parts from that one Aswell so the question I guess is should I go for it try to figure what is the problem or is it a major pain in the neck in your opinions please advise as I need to make a dessision asap I have my own ideas but want to know what people that are clued up think thanks in advance Jamie

I don't know any of the above
Basically it's a local guy who is moving garages with alot of vehicles we had asked abut a van and he said he had 2 one that runs if it's bumped won't fire by the key but turns
He said it could be a 20 quid fix or a 200 he won't know without looking and he has not got the time with moving so I could have that and another one the same as it (non runner) spares van,
he has heard it running and said it's no bother engine wise eg water in oil etc not had time to hook it to his diagnostic either

Sorry I can't really say more than that

I'd be very careful of that. Those engines are bad for injectors seizing in the cylinder head. If it needs injectors you could be looking at a bill of over £1,000 just to fix them. Or looking for a cylinder head, like hundreds of other ppl - best of luck with that one

He is dropping the vans at mine and if I can't fix it he will take them back.

What manual (haynes) will help me please I can't seem to find one for the van,

Also the diagnostic scanner things do the £20~£40 quid ones work on the vans and are they any use?
if someone can give me a list of where to start and what to look for that would be great hopefully the vans will be with me in a couple of days thanks Jamie