2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0

bfsgross

Wrench Pro
Car
2002 Jaguar X-Type
Hello Fellow Gear Heads!:blink:

A few weeks ago a 3.0 w/48k was dropped in place of the failed 3.0 in my 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0, auto. trans. While the engine was out I bolted on a pair of 1999 Ford Taurus 3.0 DOHC exhaust manifolds, eliminated the dual cats, sent both manifolds into a single late model Dodge V8 truck cat with dual inlets and a single outlet. The single 2 1/2" pipe continues on into a glass pack straight-through muffler/resonator, onward and over rear axle, splitting to a pair of Dynomax Super-Turbo mufflers. I modified the airbox by removing the internal sound deadening fins and placed in a K&N air filter. I'll be sending out the intake plenum to be ported. Throttle response is noticeably crisper as well as acceleration. The engine reaches cruise and above with more vigor.
I would like to remap the ECU, preferbably on an AWD dyno. Has anyone information regarding a company that has performance remaps for Jaguar X-Type 3.0 ECU's? Arden is one source but it is in Germany and will not remap ECU's on U.S. cars.

Thank you

unfortunatly we are generally a UK site. but as we have had a lot of members from the world joining as of late hopefully someone will be able to help you

Hello Fellow Gear Heads!:blink:

A few weeks ago a 3.0 w/48k was dropped in place of the failed 3.0 in my 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0, auto. trans. While the engine was out I bolted on a pair of 1999 Ford Taurus 3.0 DOHC exhaust manifolds, eliminated the dual cats, sent both manifolds into a single late model Dodge V8 truck cat with dual inlets and a single outlet. The single 2 1/2" pipe continues on into a glass pack straight-through muffler/resonator, onward and over rear axle, splitting to a pair of Dynomax Super-Turbo mufflers. I modified the airbox by removing the internal sound deadening fins and placed in a K&N air filter. I'll be sending out the intake plenum to be ported. Throttle response is noticeably crisper as well as acceleration. The engine reaches cruise and above with more vigor.
I would like to remap the ECU, preferbably on an AWD dyno. Has anyone information regarding a company that has performance remaps for Jaguar X-Type 3.0 ECU's? Arden is one source but it is in Germany and will not remap ECU's on U.S. cars.

Thank you

I am not sure if I understand what you are talking about but you should check out Welsh Enterprises in Ohio and ask for John Koish and tell him that Donna told you to call him. He might be able to help you find what you are looking for. Welsh Ent. is a place that deals in new and used Jaguar parts and they know other dealers that may be able to help you if he can't. Good luck, I own a 88 Jaguar XJS and finding mod parts is a nightmare.

hay this my first post and i really like this forums,
as for bfsgross i dont know if u already know this but lincoln ls 3.0 share the same ECU with jaguar x-type 3.0 soo if u find some one how can do it for linccoln i think u can do it for ur car