2002 ford explorer 4.0L automatic trans Question

Car
2002 ford explorer
Hello everyone! Quick question(s)
When I am turning the key and nothing happens.
It's coming time to do some upgarde as I'm at 98k Miles in my 02 ford explorer 4.0L automatic trans .

My questions are:

1. What parts do I need ( battery,starter,alternator,solenoid)?

2. Would the kit be the same for the Auto as Manual?

3. Where can I get the best deal on ford explorer parts? I don't entirely need OEM but I do need reliability. Hexautoparts? RockAuto? Autozone?

Any idea on labor cost?
Let me know if you can help.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you getting power at the starter motor? Does the relay click when you turn the key?

If the immobiliser cuts in you won't be able to start it, so check the keyfob batteries and try your spare set of keys. They may need recoding.

Does the interior light come on? If not then it's probably a flat battery which needs charging.

Are the headlights coming on, and do they dim when you turn the key? This could be a weak battery, jump start the car to see if this resolves it, if it does then just source a new battery, or charge up your battery fully and see if it holds charge, it's not unusual after lockdown for a battery to lose it's charge.

I usually look on ebay for parts first, or if you are getting someone to fit them let them source the parts for you.