2002 bmw 325xi

Aikmanson

Torque Junkie
Car
1995 Saab 900 2.0T
My friend has a 2002 325xi, and is looking for more power. I recommended he supercharge it, and he seemed thrilled by the idea. So far I've only found superchargers for around 5000 USD. Do you guys know of any cheaper superchargers, or if this is even a wise idea to do? Would it be better and more money efficient to just do other mods, exhuast, ecu exct.

It is the E46 model I believe, 185 hp V6 stock.

Thanks everyone who helps.

Claymore is our man to speak to about superchargers. You can get a second hand supercharger from a Mini Cooper S and fit this - you only need to change the mapping to take full advantage of it and it would be cheaper than buying a new kit.

If he did want to buy new have a look at Rotrex superchargers - I'm not sure if you get them in the US.

He should get to 225bhp on the standard engine before it needs rebuilding and strengthening.

That is a lot of money to spend when it wont be worth all that much now let alone in a couple years.

So far he is upgrading brakes and getting an intake + exhaust and see how that works out. I've driven the car and for 185 hp, it rips. Props BMW.