2001 Saturn L 300 transmission question

Zuhbargus

Car
2001 Saturn L300
Hello my name is Jeff and I have a few questions about the 4t45E transmission.

I am under the impression that the only reason I cannot soup up my saturn is because of the transmission limitation! I was told elsewhere that there are ways to beef up the tranny a bit and allow it to handle more torque. In the end my goal is to supercharge my 2001 Saturn L300. The reason being because nobody else does it!im not looking to set land speed records or be the best on the road, nor am I looking for opinions, just basic tips for the tranny. If anyone knows about being able to beef it up please provide links, and if this is an impossible project let me know so I can move onto my next big idea. :]

Thank you for any info!
-Jeff

Sorry, that first bit was my opiniun, but as you didn't want it, I deleted it. The answer is simple. Fit a bigger gear box in, or stronger clutch. Your gear box should be ok, its the clutch plate that could go. I know nothing about a Saturn, but I'm sure there will be sites offering a stonger clutch that you can put in.

Sorry, that first bit was my opiniun, but as you didn't want it, I deleted it. The answer is simple. Fit a bigger gear box in, or stronger clutch. Your gear box should be ok, its the clutch plate that could go. I know nothing about a Saturn, but I'm sure there will be sites offering a stonger clutch that you can put in.

Okay thank you, yeah the transmission is rated for 205 ft-lbs of torque I believe and the Saturn itself puts out about 190. So I need something that can handle just more than the stock! You think I just need a reinforced clutch? Or should I look into something more? If I get a turbo instead of supercharger then it won't be heavily strained all of the time.

Any performance transmission shop should be able to work with the 4T45E as they would in a Pontiac Grand Am.

And Joe, a 4T45E is a 4 speed transversely mounted electronically controlled automatic transmission.

Any performance transmission shop should be able to work with the 4T45E as they would in a Pontiac Grand Am.

And Joe, a 4T45E is a 4 speed transversely mounted electronically controlled automatic transmission.

Ok thank you very much! Yes, sorry Joe I was very vague. :\
How much will the average shop charge to uprate it? Obviously it varies.. But what's the usual?