2001 accord vtec

adreidy

Car
Accord 2L VTEC
hey people need some major help here, i have just bought a 51 plate accord vtec. its got 16" alloys on it but i wanna stick some 18's on it. is this a good idea or not?? also were can i get some lush as hell brake calipers prefferably red coloured ones and what would be the best set of springs to put on it aswell????

help us out please lads

cheers boys

reidy

18s should go on without a problem, ride will be harsher due to low profile tyres having a less flexible sidewall.
how much you willing to spend on the brakes ? can possibly do a brembo setup for under £500 if you do enough research.

springs can help you with

yea i was thinking that would be the only downside to puttin 18s on it but will look alot better with them on tho. yea i was kinda hoping to put brembos on but wasnt sure were to get them from cause all i can find are US sites, was kinda hoping to find a UK site that would sell them. do you know of any UK sites that do them??

cheers

theres plenty but all kits will be over a grand.
ive got brembos on the bora cost me around £500 for everything - callipers,carriers, new discs, pads, lines and fluid. same kit from the shops would have cost around double that.

Why not swap over the brakes from an Accord Type R instead? A lot cheaper and it's a straight swap with no hassle. If you want to lower it, don't faff about with springs, do it properly on coilovers.

is this just because of it being a honda?? or is that just UK price for them?

Because of the brembo tag. ordering from the states i would have saved money up front but had import tax / VAT and more shipping.

Prince some of the best setups are springs and shock combos

Why not swap over the brakes from an Accord Type R instead? A lot cheaper and it's a straight swap with no hassle. If you want to lower it, don't faff about with springs, do it properly on coilovers.

now that is a plan mate, i never thought about the Type R brake kit, yea i wouldnt bother with springs i would definately use coilovers.