2000 itr

K

kevinwallbank

Anyone really know what's going on with this motor? I mean come on a team of engineers built this motor, every part works together for reliability & durability. I've left this motor stock since new other than a AEm cold air & tein rs coilovers, 74,000 kms. I want more power just like everyone else but dont want a puff of black smoke or blue be hide my ride..I'd like to keep it all motor, a lot more respect that way, I can bolt on a turbo to a geo metro & do low 11's all day until she pops who cares, I see punks all the time around here during race nights pumping up the psi to there rusted 93 civic hatch, good job your cars worth nothing, it might be faster I give it that but my car isn't in the shop broken down,>> I need something professional built for this car, I need your thoughts Toda has a nice all motor complete kit?

Kevin.

Welcome

have heard that you can bolt turbos straight onto the K20 engines and run boost however i think the engine only lasted 20 mins or something.

supercharging is usually a better for the hondas as when the vtec comes on theres not a surge of gases through the turbo. again your proberly goig to have to lower the compression slightly

It sounds like you want to keep it NASP. Honda actually have done a stunning job at extracting the power from this engine.

You would need a professional head gas flow job, fast road cams and bigger valves to better the standard setup. I've even heard that exhaust and induction kits do not usually flow as well as the OEM setup.

Weight reduction is your friend. get some lighter wheels and seats for starters.;)

b18c5.2000 model was fined tuned more than the earlier ones with a better gear ratio etc.In all it was supposed to give 0-60 in 6.2 secs.Whats wrong with them stats and the performance is supposed to be sweet id be happy.Iv heard its better to supercharge than turbo.

leave the integra alone, you;ll have no worries as long as u service it regularly

so what if they are faster hondas out there, hondas shouldnt race hondas anyway ( my opinion)
even if you do go and get a turbo, there will be something out there thats faster than yours anyway,

the integra type r is a brillant piece of machinery, leave it the way it was made factory
alright, i few small mods wont harm it, but a turbo will

welcome to tc aswell

The engine is high compression so a turbo wouldn't be a great idea. Keep it nasp. You can extract up to about 240bhp from a B18, but it will cost you a lot! 210-220bhp is a realistic target. Never under-estimate the effects of weight reduction.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back