2.8l

insanealex

Car
98 audi a4 2.8L
Hello I am new to this forum. I was wondering why nobody does any engine mods to the 2.8L motor. I have a 98 audi 2.8L and I find nothing about engine mods on this car. I want to start working up the motor but if its not worth then I'll figure something esle out. Any advice will help thanx.

PS I know theres not turbo kits available and I am capable of making my own pipes and what not. So thats not a problem.

I never get a reply about the 2.8L so i guess im just going to move forward with the idea and see what happens.. will post some progress pics when I can.

thanx turbonutter.. Well im used to fast cars and now im driving a 98 a4 which isnt fast at all for me.. So im thinking of going wit a turbo. Plus I'm going to change the body alittle bit (still have to think about what im going to do to the body). Any advice?

Converting your engine to a Turbo'd engine can get very costly. There is loads involved.
First of all lets start with the basics.
When was it last serviced?
What if any mods have you already done?

Not sure when it was last service... I got the car used, there is about 180,000 miles on the motor. No mods yet.

First of all then have it serviced that will make a difference.
Next think about a performance air filter and exhaust. You won't see very big gains but you will notice a difference. You can go further than this but that is a good start.

yea problem is this time I want to go turbo.. I'm used to the big blocks and exhaust and airfilter systems. I installed a turbo on a IS300 before now that I have the audi I think its time I go under boost myself. I know its costly but alot of things I can do myself and I can fabricate alot of the metal parts. Im just not sure on which size turbo I should be looking for. Im trying to take the stock 190bhp motor and try to bring it into the 300s or mid 300s.

yea thats the plan turbonutter.. i might have to build a used or blown 2.8 to rebuild due to the fact that I use the a4 as a daily driver right now.

pgarner I would thats the problem, ive been looking everywhere for parts/kits didnt find anything turbo related. I guess im going to have to buy a turbo and make my own kits. As for the engine rebuild I need to order custom forged low compression pistons. Idk if there is anywhere I can order a thicker head gasket..

I just install a cool air intake pipe and k&n filter today.. but that was just for fun.

What about sourcing a turbo engine from say the S6 and fitting this? There was a 2.2 Turbo and this is good for around 400bhp on standard internals.

Have you considered a supercharger? These are easier to setup than a turbo IMHO? Get an old Cooper S supercharger and dump your air con pump and it slots right in. Then all you need is a bit of remapping.

I was thinking about sourcing a turbo engine last night the only problem which the extra money that im spend on the newer* turbo engine, I could be working up the 2.8L with stronger internals then the S6 motor.

Is there a place I can see somebodys setup with the Cooper S supercharger?

have a look at the supercharged mercs im certain that they use the same supercharger in their cars.

do a search for claymore on here to see his old fiat with the supercharger fitted.

should be able to pick up a vf or rortex supercharger kit pretty easy

just incase you still working on this PES makes a super charger kit for the 2.8 v6 ups the output by 102 hp and 64 TQ comes with the chip for around 3.5K.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back