2.5 vk mk1 astra NEWS

mk1gtev6

Yes i have, i've done it, i put the red top v6 in my mk1 astra and now she flys!!!

I heard there were 2 other people who have done this conversion, i wanna chat with you guys if your out there, just have one or 2 questions.

mk1 all the way :D

Well done mate. Good on you - you've worked hard on that one! Glad you're on the road.

really want to do this conversion! any chance of a how to? with pics? and major issues etc?
thanks

Well done mate ;) I know someone near me with a very mint black Mk1 with the same C25XE engine. Very nice peice of kit and is about the same acceleration as mine but that just power to weight for you lol.

I did have a little helping hand with said build and know my Vauxhalls quite well mate so if anything you want to ask me, go ahead and i'll help you as much as I can. Out of interest on a couple of things, which hub set-up do you have i.e. did you keep the 4 stud or done a 5 stud conversion so you can use the V6 brakes? Also, what did you do about the Torque Bar on the top left of the engine?

Oh and another bit of info for you mate, theres no difference what so ever between the Red Top V6 and the EcoTec V6. It was sale ploy by Vauxhall beeive it or not lol. One last one and this will be a benefit for you, check out the following site for a great guise on how to get more from your V6 and some instances, totally free mods :) Click the part that says "V6 Calibra Tuning" and check it out ;)

http://www.v6calibra.net/