2.0 TFSI remap

picho21

Car
09 Audi A3 2.0TFSI
I'm looking to do a remap for my 2009 A3 2.0TFSI 6M, cosidered REVO which claims it'll go up to ~255hp and ~250 lbf-ft. Before doing this I would like to know if anyone has done this on theirs and what their experience was. I really don't know much about the subject so any comment which you consider helpful is welcome. Thanks

not sure on the 2.0 but the 1.8 ive heard alot of claims where REVO bump up the boost low down to make it feel more aggressive.
also have a look at custom code whos after reading alot about seems to have a more OEM power delivary. dont get me wrong i found plenty of info about you can make the REVO map better but it requires you to purchase the serial port switches at around another £150 last time i checked.

CC are also in a current offer where there giving 30% off at the garages and 20% off from the mobile tuners

other ones to look at are jabbasport, APR all these are VAG specilasts

Also read this guide....
https://www.torquecars.com/volkswagen/2-0-tfsi-tuning.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new .. but my id will give a clue to where I normally post ..

You need to be careful and make sure you explain what you after from a remap ... try and dyno the car before, to provide a baseline.

It is 100% essential that you start with a healthy car ... some people don't.

On the Direct Injection engine, check out Wynn's DIP3 to reduce carbon build up which your car will have.

Hi mate,
your car has the new : med17 tricore ecu, so if you get offered a "cheap" remap for this model be wary, we get 30bhp and 72 nm torque, we have only recently been offering remaps on these ecu's due to extensive testing.
All remaps from us come with a lifetime warranty as well.. just give us a shout if you require any more info mate.

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

Thanks for your help.
I want to know if remapping the ECU requires further mods to de car, can the manual withstand the increase in power and torque? Do I need to upgrade the brakes? Any other modifications you would consider necessary after remapping?

Hi mate,
no you dont need to do any other mods,the manual will cope fine, as everything is still within it's safe limits.
actually makes the clutch have an easier life due to making power smoother at lower revs so doesn't put a strain on clutch or other parts when boost comes in..
brakes will cope perfectly and exhaust is quite freeflowing as std.

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

i m not really sure about this, but when you remap your engine wont you be needing to service it more frequently than before? (lubricants etc?)

for example instead of changing lubricants every 15000 km you d need to do it every 7500 km instead?

also, if the car is brand new isnt it possible for the dealer to void the warranty if they find out about the remap?

thanks for the replies steve :)

too bad i live nowhere near nottinghamshire or the uk in general or i d have come to your shop for some chipping.

i also dont see any other evolution chip retailers in my country :(

as i see it i dont have many options (as of which brands chip i ll do a remap with), but since i m quite clueless on the subject how would i know that "they" really know the safety limits of the car?

this is just my second car, i had a honda hrv for like 8 years now, and although it was relatively fast and the engine gave u the feeling of power (at least the honda engine i could surely HEAR it :p ) it was just a hybrid jeep-all around fun car but you surely couldnt take a turn with over 100km/h or you d flip over. and ok if u d try to go out on the highway on a windy day... it might end up as a nasty experience :p

now to the audi. i bought this cuz i wanted a change, i wanted more grip and power. and although on paper (and on road ofc) the a3 has more power... it just doesnt give you the feeling of the acceleration of a japanese car (even a suv). but this could be just me, cuz seriously u cant compare 10.5sec (hrv) acceleration to 7.8sec.

now back to my previous concerns.

the remap company that has a retailer in my town claims to remap the 1.8 tfsi from 160bhp to 220bhp, and the torque from 184 to 275...

i wonder if this is under the safety limits...

Hiya mate,
we gain 32bhp and torque goes from 250nm to 320nm
the power gains from your remapper seem a bit erm, much..
do they have a rolling road? they may just be exaggerating their power figures as some tuners over do as they think thats what the customer wants to hear.
where are you mate?

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

i dont know if they have a rolling road, its just the numbers i saw on their website for the 2009 a3 1.8tfsi. them tuners are called revotechnik.

i live in thessaloniki, greece.

now that i see at the numbers again, the stock max torque for the 1.8tfsi is 250/1.500-4.200 Nm as you mentioned and not 184Nm as they mention in their website... weird.

revo are good with the VAG cars however you need to get the SPS switch to get ful use out of it as REVO tend to spike boost pressure early to make it feel more powerful lower down.
dont go above 220bhp as this is the limits of the turbo unless you go for a bigger turbo (KO4)

i went at revo yesterday , they plugged a laptop on my car but they said they didnt have the code for my ECU yet something like ending with the letter "L".

at max a month they ll have the code they said.

they also said that they cant put a K4 turbo yet since the kit isnt ready.

as for the torque, the (184 to 275) numbers stated in their website isnt measured in Nm but in some other way.

they promised something about 37Kg torque on the 1.8tfsi and 210+ bhp on my engine when they get the code.

the good thing about revo is that they give you a remote control with some cool remapping options including anti theft mode.

yup that remotes is the SPS if you get the big one it allows you to adjust the boost and fuelling slightly more to suit your driving style.

yeah the 1.8TSI is a rather new engine so the conversion kits for the larger housing arnt avalible off the shelf and the intake will have to be different as theres no injectors on the FSI intake manifold

I did the remap on my 2009 A3 sportback 2.0T 6M and it feels more powerful, I havent taken it to the dyno yet but it does feel more powerful. Now im planning on changing the exhaust, a friend of mine has a stainless steel APR exhaust kit, which they say bumps the power up by about 20-30 hp, since my car is FWD I feel it would be too much, it already has a lot of trouble putting down the power from the remap alone. I also worry about the transmition, can it withstand the extra power gain? And finally does anyone know if the OE turbo installed in my car is a KO3 or KO4?

Exhaust wont give you 20 bhp. your looking at 15 tops with removal of the cat.

the OE turbo im not sure about its not K03 or K03s as these were only rated to 220bhp. and its not the K04 as this is an upgrade route. think its E??