2.0 HDI 8v head damage??

rd070707

Tuner
Car
Peugeot 307
Hi, PUG 307 2.0 HDI 8v

timing slipped and when aux belt shredded

question is....on these engines i hear valve damage is unlikely due to rockers breaking to protect them on piston valve contact.

anybody heard of this??

:embarrest:

It would have to slip quite some way. A couple of teeth won't do it I doubt.

well mechanic said it slipped 4 or 5 i think. regardless she'll not start...diagnostics say there is crank cam sync when shes turned over so the timing is set right now.

I have just heard that bent valves on these engines is very rare but the mechanic still wants to pull the head :confused:

Well, without pulling the head to check it would be very difficult to diagnose imo.
The head does not take long to remove and you do need to eliminate internal damage so I don't see the problem here! I hope that luck is on your side whatever happens! :)

Well, without pulling the head to check it would be very difficult to diagnose imo.
The head does not take long to remove and you do need to eliminate internal damage so I don't see the problem here! I hope that luck is on your side whatever happens! :)

thanks t9 man. the mechanic has the head off and says there are 5 bent valves. he has already sent it to a engineering workshop to get fixed but i just found it hard to believe that so many valves bent :sad2:

thanks t9 man. the mechanic has the head off and says there are 5 bent valves. he has already sent it to a engineering workshop to get fixed but i just found it hard to believe that so many valves bent :sad2:

I understand totally where your coming from! Hopefully you will get it sorted ASAP and get it back on the road where it belongs :)

just on a side note, what would you expect to pay for the head work? its OD cars in belfast doing the work

just on a side note, what would you expect to pay for the head work? its OD cars in belfast doing the work

Haven't got a Danny La Rue who OD Cars in Belfast are! But here in dear old blighty, I would be looking at 1.5 hours max to remove the head and roughly the same to refit with the engine covers etc. Allow 2 hours to do the remedial work if there is no other damage to the engine involved.

Haven't got a Danny La Rue who OD Cars in Belfast are! But here in dear old blighty, I would be looking at 1.5 hours max to remove the head and roughly the same to refit with the engine covers etc. Allow 2 hours to do the remedial work if there is no other damage to the engine involved.

thanks for the advice, a young chap like me could easily be taken for a ride when it comes to things like this :p

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back