1999 Honda Accord 2.0i

GRIZWOLD

Car
HONDA ACCORD
Hi Guys

My first post here, and im new to Honda. I am recieving my Dads Honda in a few weeks time which is in mint condition , he has cared for the car for many years without any problems, now this is where i come in lol.

What can i do to this model to improve performance?

Is it worth Improving on this automatic model?

The car is a free gift and basicly suits all my needs size wise, as i have a little girl and a Mrs that likes to shop alot, but at the same time i want more speed.

Any help would be great guys

The NooB :cheesy:

Alright mate, welcome to TorqueCars! First of all, an auto isn't the best start but it can be worked with. You can do all the typical mods such as an exhaust system, de-cat, uprated cams, uprated air filter and a cold air intake. If you really want more out of it, you'll have to convert it from auto to manual. Don't forget, parts can be taken from the Accord Type R (same year) if you want to save money.

Thanks very much Prince, that will give me somthing to crack on with, Do you know what sort of bhp the vtec 2.0L is capable of at all? Im completely new to Honda, my previous cars have all been over 150 bhp standared if i could get the Honda to 170 or 180 i would be a happy man. Im not a boy racer its just nice to have the power there! lol

Thanks Griz

Well sky is my limit realy, proberly can give the engine 2 k of my cash, if its worth it...

I would agree on the auto to manual conversion but it may cost a fair bit (could only estimate as I've never researched it). Tbh I wouldn't expect to get any money for your auto box. But the conversion is probably where I would start first mate.

An easy power gain is getting a 2.3 lump will give u 150 bhp u can pick these up on ebay quite cheap or even a type r engine and box but will cost fair bit more or for around £800 wot can pick up a low compression turbo coversion which can give wot about 230-250 bhp. Ive found on my 1.8 accord an airfilter and decat hav really helped

An easy power gain is getting a 2.3 lump will give u 150 bhp u can pick these up on ebay quite cheap or even a type r engine and box but will cost fair bit more or for around £800 wot can pick up a low compression turbo coversion which can give wot about 230-250 bhp. Ive found on my 1.8 accord an airfilter and decat hav really helped

I have read Finland Honda Club forum, and they says that at replacing cat and installing cool intake system, will bring about 10hp.
And in your case, i would buy 2.2 engine and manual gearbox set, I have 2.2l engine in my accord and i got 110km/h on third gear. Here is some stuff what i was thinking to buy to get horsepowers near 200 :D
-tuned cam shaft
-adjustable cam gear
-new pistons
-increase intake and outtake shafts (if those are the right words :,))
-Cool air intake system
-And i guess the injection system and fuel pump need something too, but i'm not so far yet.. :p

These changes are second choice for turbo, and bhps will be little bit over 200, I'm not sure, but if there is people who disagree with me, just come over and say, cause i wanna know :D

Ps: Sorry if my language is bad. I'm Finn, and i quess it's understondable .. :S

I have read Finland Honda Club forum, and they says that at replacing cat and installing cool intake system, will bring about 10hp.
And in your case, i would buy 2.2 engine and manual gearbox set, I have 2.2l engine in my accord and i got 110km/h on third gear. Here is some stuff what i was thinking to buy to get horsepowers near 200 :D
-tuned cam shaft
-adjustable cam gear
-new pistons
-increase intake and outtake shafts (if those are the right words :,))
-Cool air intake system
-And i guess the injection system and fuel pump need something too, but i'm not so far yet.. :p

These changes are second choice for turbo, and bhps will be little bit over 200, I'm not sure, but if there is people who disagree with me, just come over and say, cause i wanna know :D

Ps: Sorry if my language is bad. I'm Finn, and i quess it's understondable .. :S

The 2.2 is around 180 bhp standard anyway I think so taking it to 200 bhp
shouldn't be that hard in my opinion. What you have listed should see a little more than 200 bhp.

The 2.3 you mention is a F22A1. It is not worth the time and effort to swap this engine into his car. In fact, it's possible he already has this engine. The Accord Type R is mentioned below. For the price of the F22A1 and the turbo, he can have a fully set up H22A that will be much more maintable and reliable.

The best swap for you car is a H22A. This will give you 220bhp. The H22A was used in the Accord Type R of the same year as yours. This means you can source the engine, transmission, gearbox, mounts ect from the Accord Type R. Your best bet it try and find a (rear end) crash damaged one and take everything out.