1995 clio rn 1.2

goughy

Car
1995 clio rn 1.2
hi all,

i REALLY need some help with this, i am trying to find an induction kit or cone air filter system for my car, atm it has the standard air filter system on the top of the engine, i was wondering if i could remove this all together but have no idea what i could replace it with!

any help would be greatful!!!!!

if you neeed more infomation about the car please comment

thanks

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

Some of us have good manners and like to welcome a new member first! ;)

Personally I would not bother with an induction kit for your particular model car, it needs other elements to work efficiently. It will only prove to be a noise maker on your car otherwise. I would suggest instead a performance air filter replacement to help the engine breath better. Try BMC K&N or ITG for a suitable replacement. :)

It would work fine if you want to ruin the performance of the engine. The 57i is a open cone design. This is fine if the cone is placed out of the way of the heat, but the 57i kit doesn't extend far enough. You will suffer from heat soak by installing this. In other words, the induction kit will suck in warm air from the engine. Meaning a loss in power. The engine needs cold air.

Good example of an induction kit.

What are you trying to achieve with this?

well basically all the air filter system is messed up on my car, i want to remove it and put something new on whilst building up the performance, what do you reccomend?

cracks in the air filter box and all the pipes to it -.- and it looks ugly as it is so big