1993 300ZX , oil into the coolant - likely cause?

CPR

Car
1993 Nissan 300ZX
hello,
My 93 300ZX is currently being torn apart to find why the oil leaked into the coolant. The head gaskets looked like new. There was obviously a repair job done not so many years ago, 3 different-colored sealants used around the engine. Amateur work.
I believe the engine is the VG30DE, V6 3.0 Non Aspirated. I could use any help leading me to where to find a complete new engine, or new heads / block, would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome but am clueless as to your location.

Seeing that you have a problem with the motor have you thought about sourcing an LS swap as there are kits available and IMO the better option than rebuilding the V6 ??

Personally I hate LS swaps, every wrench slinger in the states are LS swapping anything with tires. I'm a purist, run what it came with, in the older cars.

My suggestion, as you want to keep the original motor, is to search the scrap yards for another motor with low miles and one that has never been messed with.
Set up a clean room / dirt room workshop and get to it. Strip, clean and inspect, have checked if unsure. Get rematchined if needs be, and build up a new motor.

These older engines are not hard work and I'm sure there will be a manual available to follow.

A bit of research will probably throw up high lift cams if you want this sort of thing, if not, it's be a cheap recon motor.

I'd recommend buying top quality internals, replacing the oil pump and water pump, have the heads checked and worked, especially if they are susceptible.

Have the valve guides replaced and 3 or 5 angle valve faces machined in.

You will soon have a great new engine.

Good luck

My suggestion, as you want to keep the original motor, is to search the scrap yards for another motor with low miles and one that has never been messed with.
Set up a clean room / dirt room workshop and get to it. Strip, clean and inspect, have checked if unsure. Get rematchined if needs be, and build up a new motor.

These older engines are not hard work and I'm sure there will be a manual available to follow.

A bit of research will probably throw up high lift cams if you want this sort of thing, if not, it's be a cheap recon motor.

I'd recommend buying top quality internals, replacing the oil pump and water pump, have the heads checked and worked, especially if they are susceptible.

Have the valve guides replaced and 3 or 5 angle valve faces machined in.

You will soon have a great new engine.

Good luck
90’ N/A Fairlady jacked for ten years I bought from my father last month. I am in need of a shelter/garage to work on it what is there a best and best value? I also would like to know what to look for once I pull the engine, rebuild kit? I’m does anyone have a working HICAS system?