19" Alloy wheels

Rash11

Car
Astra 1.8 cdx
Hi,

I have been given set of 19" Snowflake alloys off of a vectra for my Astra coupe, the wheels look good and seem to fit with good clearance in th earches.

But when I have a car full, going over bumps the or uneven roads at speed with just me in the car, it seems to catch, is there aany advise any one can offer as to what I can do to solve the issue?
Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

I would look at the profile of your tyres and see what they are, could be that they need to be of a lower profile. Also I would imagine that the standard dampers and springs on your particular model are not suited to the larger wheels. You could look at getting better uprated dampers and stiffer springs to start with.

After investigating I think they are catching on the inside on the top end of the suspension, is there anything that can be done, Im thinking of just getting rid of them and buying smaller wheels.

if youve room on the outside of the wheel towards the arch then you could fit spacers to push the wheel outwards, if you go down this route then make sure you fit hubcentric ones and get longer bolts as well. personally i wouldnt go over 10mm spacers on each side

to see if you could get away with it and see what size you need then you could use normal washers to get the clearance then measure the thickness of the washers.