18th Nov TopGear thread

Tex

Torque Junkie
Car
Vec CDTI SRI 180+
Did anyone watch top gear last night?

On there, James 'the hair' May was in Finland and you got to see how they make their newbies take their lessons, i.e, driving at night, in various conditions on skid pans and the like - making them far better drivers, (i would say) so why we can't do this, i don't know....

Moved this to a new thread cos I think it was a good show last night.

That is certainly the way to learn to drive. I'd like to see skid pan driving compulsorarily introduced in the UK.;)

yes it makes sense about the driving test they do in finland
over in ireland to get a liscence all you need to do is get 30 out of 40 yes or no answers
correct and thats the theory test done
just walk into the tax office with the cert from your theory test, 38 euros and away you drive
no wonder we have a high road death statistic in this country

when top gear came back on air,
in the 1st episode when jeremey drove the truck through the brick wall
he got hurt, but did he nearly get a heart attack???
in the clip he is trying to hold on to his heart or something

Modding that Renault looked a lot of fun. I mean, okay I wouldnt mod a renault family car, but yeah.

Just looked really great fun building something with your mates and having a laugh.

Good episode.

Modding that Renault looked a lot of fun. I mean, okay I wouldnt mod a renault family car, but yeah.

Just looked really great fun building something with your mates and having a laugh.

Good episode.
i think thats why a lot of people would love to be a top gear presenter
ok, you drive the best of cars, but the buzz they have of each other is what makes the show what it is,,, BRILLANT

cant wait for the v8 powered stair lift!!
well thats going to be inytresting

but when jeremy talks about an american v8 he always says we can get that power from a blender, so it was only a matter of time before he done something like that