17"s

Miguel17

Car
Vauxhall Corsa SRI
Hey everyone im new to this :) i got my self a set of 205/40/17s and everytime i turn left they scraip somewhere ive looked on the inside of the arch and its not there ima bit worried it will break anythin?! You guys got any ideas where it can be scraipping?!

are the wheels wider than the standard ? is the Offset different ? could be rubbing against the suspension

put chalk or paint on the wheel and take it a quick spin. the paint will show where its rubbing

Hi, yeah standards 185 and these ones 205 but ive looked and dont shoew any sign of rubbing on the suspension or anywhere near it :S and only happpens when i turn left on the right wheel :S i have no idea what an offset is lol

Standard suspension?

This is why you shouldn't fit carraige wheels to small cars. Corsa owners seem to have an affliction for it.

@MasterAuron yeah standard suspension?so ur sayin i shoud get new suspension like coilcovers yeah?

and @pgarner i will chekc and let you know!

@MasterAuron yeah standard suspension?so ur sayin i shoud get new suspension like coilcovers yeah?

No mate not at all, just wondered in case you had and the geometry one incorrect causing issues with one side. In this case I'd advise as Pgarner said and see if you cna see anything rubbing on lock.

Wheels should have an offset of et49,this will be stamped on the inside of each wheel.Original tyres were 185's,now you've got 205's,so the tyres are too wide for the arches.You could sort this with some spacers,or flare the arches a small amount.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back