156 Mods

AlfaSouch

Car
Alfa 156 2.0 T.S
Hi guys. Been away a while in Iraq but back now with some reddies in the bank and looking to improve my beloved 156 2.0TS. Ive had a cat back stainless exaust fitted and the car is going in for a service tomorrow so I've bought a K&N filter to go into the air box which the fella is going to fit for me while hes doing it. Ive looked at installing uprated suspension and breaks but not sure how much this will cost me. Could anyone give me a ball park figure as to how much these jobs will cost? And whether there's anything else that I could do without compromising the integrity of the engine? Im sure I read somewhere about a camshaft upgrade too... Im not the most mechanically minded bloke so any advice would be appreciated... :bigsmile: Oh, and how much difference will it make fitting an induction kit? Am I better off just leaving at a sports filter?

your best bang for buck will come out of exhaust kits..improve torque at lower RPM..(alholics,autodelta are the best for this). An induction kit (cold air) my also improve throttle responce (your KnN will show an improvement on it's own..) Brake kits fro Autodelta and Alfaholics are the ones to look at ( a 2.0 156 does not really need larger diam. rotors,just a set of premium ones with , calipers and ss tube lines). Suspension, slightly stiffer/lower (10-15 mm) with a replacement shock (koni makes a good,inexpensive unit) will make a dramatic change (as will a matched set of rims and tyres, do not be tempted to go too wide or exceed 17' .. try to keep the diameter as standard..) cannot tell you what the labour for this costs in ur neck of the woods but the prices for the bits required are on the net....(alfaholics,Autodelta) these mods are entry level, do not require major surgery and will show instant improvement..

for whats its worth,

gino