155 Q4 Cloverleaf

redcom

Wrench Pro
Hi Alfa owners - was wondering the other night - does anyone know how the 155 Q4 cloverleaf stacks up against todays performers. More importantly was it ever a serious choice back when they were still manufactured?

My gut feeling is that it performed ok but build probems meant it was never a serious contender.

Seemed to do well in DTM tho.

I'd be interested to hear some owners comments.

The car is a solid performer and had loads of torque. It is a bit of a mystery though as there was never an official cloverleaf model in the UK but there seem to be a few around. It is driven by a 2.0 turbo engine or possibly a V5 engien (can't remember now! :oops: ). The only build problems are problems with rust which is fairly typical of a car of this age from Europe. Specwise they were pretty good and could arrive with MOMO leather 3 spoke steering and gear knob, adj suspension and had the cloverleaf alloys

Manufacturer: Fiat
Type: S-4
DOHC
16 valves total
4 valves per cylinder
Main bearings: 5
Bore x stroke: 84.00mm × 90.00mm
Bore / stroke ratio: 0.93
Displacement: 1995 cc 121.74 cu in
Compression: 8.00:1
Fuel system: Marelli IAW fuel inj.
Aspiration: Turbo
Compressor type: Garrett T3 turbo
Intercooler: Air/Air
Catalytic Converter: Y
Max. output: 189.6 PS (187.0 bhp) (139.4 kW)@6000 rpm
Max. torque: 291.0 Nm (215 lbft) (29.7 kgm)@2500 rpm

But a quick search reveals that there are some V6 Cloverleafs driving around although the V6 Cloverleaf badge was probably added later. The plot thickens.

Nice one Waynne - In either guise I bet it gave many hours of driving pleasure to its owners. The noise is just awesome, Alfa didnt get muich right around that time but the exhaust note was always spot on.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back