13" slicks on the front of a 106??

sneekydave

Car
106 GTI
hey guys, having a few problems deciding on drive wheel size for my 106

Im going to run a pair of slicks regardless, its just wether to go 13/14/15 and then what width is best?

Money is an object but id rather buy expensive once than cheap 2/3 times

15's i recon could be slightly big, 14's possibly spot on but slicks dont seem readily available part worn in this size, 13's possibly touch small but an abundance of second hand tyres available.

My general plan untill im corrected is a pair or 13X7/8/9/10" hillclimb stlye splits with some fat total slicks?

would these wheels be too small?

I know it will reduce my top speed etc but ill be playing with the gearing a touch before i go racing again.

My general theory (possibly highly flawed) was inspired by hillclimb/bergcup racing where the cars run kinda smallish wheels for all out acceleration.

Any pointers would be great cheers

13" may not fit over the existing calipers, you will need to check. 13" are popular as they allow a deeper side wallled tyre to be fitted under exisiting bodywork. This extra depth allows the side wall to deform under initial acceleration from standstill giving the contact patch a better chance of gripping the track surface.

bollox never considered my disc size :/

im running bloody 280mm gti-6 setup so not a chance.......looks like ill be slapping a smaller set-up for race weekend i recon ;)

spot on, cheers old git