106 Pug 1.4 XR

Sprogg1886

Hi - This is my first car recently brought, really nippy but got few probs which not sure where to look or what could be causing them!

Firstly i have an oil leak (which i'm told is pretty normal with 106 & Saxo's) only leaks a tiny bit but it's coming from the bottom of the car like the bottom sump... any ideas?

Secondly when i'm accelerating in second and third gear usually it kinda stutters (if that's the right word to use) but it feels like it has a lag - any ideas what could be causing this i have checked the spark plug wells and they are dry as no oil leaking in there !

Any comments would be much appreciated as i'm am new to all this

Cheers

Sprogg! :D :D

The oil leak coud be from the sump itself, or the sump bolt could be knackered. Oil is a bugger though, check really hard to see it's not ocming out of the gearbox or engine, becuase that would be a real misery.

When you checked the spark plugs did you notice any sort of discolouring? Does this problem only happen in a certain gear?

The oil leak looks as thought it's coming from the bottom sump.... not sure if its just a bolt though cant get that close LOL

Yeah the kinda stutter problem happens normally when accelerating in 2nd and third gear.... Didn't see anysort of odd colour though looked pretty clean and dry! :rolleyes:

Probably a bit of corrosion on your sump.. They are usually easy enough to change yourself if you have a bit of car knowledge.. Aslong as the sump bolt has been rounded off by someone!

Sounds like it's a problem with the gearbox, rather than your engine; normally it's easiest to go with a replacement rather than getting someone to work on it and diagnose and fix the problem.. You don't nessesarily (sp?!) have to go for the exact same gearbox..

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back