106 need help

richard1991

Car
106 1.5d 5door (p)
hi i just joined this torque cars and need help i have a 1.5d 106 5 door 1997 and want to make it look alot better it was just to see would it look good with

15" lowerd 60 mil
with a full jap body kit

is there any way i could put a bigger engine in my car
or will i be better getting a 3 door

and what would u do if this was ur car hope to hear from u soon thanks

richard allwood

i had the 3dr but mine ended up like this lol (rally style mods :))

dead1.jpg

on a more serious note though :)

i wouldnt go for anything jap style on this kind of car, why not go for a more smoothed, wide arch, slammed on its tiny backside look :)

jap style bodykits dont look right unless they are on ..... well ...... jap cars (and even then can look wrong)

the 1.5 is a NASP diesel isnt it ?
3 door 5 door doesnt matter its down to personal preference.
new engine, as its a diesel itl be easier to stick to the diesel so you could fit the 1.9 TD out of the 306

hi yes its the diesel 1.5 i have found a problem finding a 5 door bodykit with side skirts to fint my 5 door there is loads for 3 door does any budy know where to find 1 hope to hear from u soon :D

or u could get the 3 door ones and get them to lengthen them as pgarner said but also get them to cut it with the door so for instance ur probably on about one with a scoop on the back in front of the rear arch. if u get the body shoip to modify it for u so the scoop is on the door so it opens with the door. and if u want a 3 door just have the back doors on ur 5 dr smoothed and buy folding seat for the front to save u a £1000

hi i just joined this torque cars and need help i have a 1.5d 106 5 door 1997 and want to make it look alot better it was just to see would it look good with

15" lowered 60 mm
with a full jap body kit

is there any way i could put a bigger engine in my car
or will i be better getting a 3 door

and what would you do if this was your car hope to hear from you soon thanks

richard allwood

First things first, welcome to the forum. Secondly... NO to the bodykit. Tbh these 'Jap style' body kits look awful. They are not Japanese, they are manufactured very poorly and rarely fit without needing work done. IMO it will just look very out of place and incredibly chavvy. You'd be much better off colour coding everything, lowering, and getting yourself a nice set (NOT Wolfrace) wheels. Something in a 15 inch but not anything bigger.

As for the engine, PG has already said the best idea, however don't forget that brakes and suspension need upgrading to match the new engine.

I honestly wouldn't put the money into the car unless you plan on keeping it for a while. If you're a genuine Pug enthuiast then save up for the 106 GTi and modify that.

Also, I've noticed your username so I'll assume you're 18. You must inform your insurance of any changes to the car and uprating the engine and adding a body kit will sky rocket your insurance.

Hope this helps mate.

i will have to disagree on the body kit . some kits do look nice on these cars without being to chavvy. depends on what the owner gets. but i will say that the 106 does look nice lowered with bigger rims. and no body kit. it all depends on how long you plan to own the car and how much money you are willing to spend on the car and insurance. for the price of a full jap kit you could get a nice set of 15's colour co-ordinate the bumpers and have a little left for some springs. and it will look slammed . but as i say depends on what you want mate

i would stick the 306 1.9 tdi engine in an then turn the boost up aswell as the diesl pump. the only thing is the headgasket goes quite oftern. then some 17s in black an lowered 30-40 mm. youd have quite a pocket rocket for very little money:bigsmile: