106 gti, shall i buy?

Pastilhas

Car
Skoda Fabia 1.2htp
Hi, so I have a Skoda Fabia Break 1.2 HTP 70hp and honestly I don´t like very much the car, it is not my style and it consumes a lot. I can sell the skoda for like 7000euros=9000dollar.
And with that money i think i can buy a nice car, and i was thinking about the 106 gti because i love the car and i heard the consumption is great.
So if you guys can give me some advices, like how much it consumes, if i should buy a 106 gti with 140 000km or is that to much km? Prices...everything you know about the car, pros and cons (;

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks.

Welcome to TorqueCars mate!

Do it. I've driven a 106 gti and they're honestly one of the best hatches I've ever driven, utterly superb fun and if you tune them they are little rockets.

Ideally look for one with a lower mileage as possible! The TU5 engines are great, easy to look after and easier to tune. They tend to rust under the arches, the rear beams tend to become weak and collapse.

Main thing is to make sure it has a decent service history.

Pastilhas, Did you buy it in the end? Not sure I would go for a car with such a mileage so I agree with davalav, 106 is not my cup of tea, I am more of a audi or Volkswagen fanatic (though I drive a Megane at the moment). but if thats the one you like, you should go ahead and see if you get one with less kms run... by the way, how are the car prices in Portugal? is it affordable to get something there? I live in Madrid but spend some time in Seville so not far off from Lisbon.

No, i didn´t, it consumes alot and, like you guys say, it have ,much mileage. I can´t find in Portugal a 106 gti with less than 100000km so...
About the prices i think cars here are very expensive, the cheapest gti i found was like 3500euros with much mileage...But i think in Espanha it is not very different, so give a try here in Portugal.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back