106 1998 arch rubbing problems

joshy1991

Torque Junkie
Car
nissan 200sx s14a
hi guys and gals.

i have purchased a set of 15"bsa manik wheels. and i have a flat arch 106, my problem is that with more than me and one passenger in the car they rub on the arches. so far a mate of mine has grinded the arches down a little bit but they still rub. do any of you have any other suggestions that might help. my thoughts were to have the rear arches beaten out a little bit . please help cause i dont wanna have to get rid of the bsa wheels.

cheers

josh

if your mate has used a grinder on the arch you wont mind using a peice of wood to slide between the tyre and the body work ( just jam it into the space and push the car forward this should roll the guard outward away from the tyre ) the size of the wood can be increased as the gap grows ( paint work will not crack etc )
this is the cheapest method ( used on race days when there has been a bit of rubbing )
good luck

roll the arches. fit stiffer springs. lift the suspension if its on coilovers

there torsion bars on the rear :)

is the offset correct on those wheels?

PSA use a funny offset to most cars that maybe causing the problem, sometimes a "kit" is required to kit certain wheels to psa cars so i'd suggest looking to that first before you start cutting at the body some more

ok . um dunno wot psa is. so sorry. and i took the back seats out. i want to do it. but lets just say this, my car looked like a truck and it felt like it was gonna roll over when i went round corners. i havnt lowered it but i want to though . so maybe once ive lowered it i might de seat it lol

if your mate has used a grinder on the arch you wont mind using a peice of wood to slide between the tyre and the body work ( just jam it into the space and push the car forward this should roll the guard outward away from the tyre ) the size of the wood can be increased as the gap grows ( paint work will not crack etc )
this is the cheapest method ( used on race days when there has been a bit of rubbing )
good luck
A rally car here had this problem a few days ago, gave him your tip about using increasing sizes of wood pieces and he got the clearances right, thanks you for this excellent tip.