106 1.6 SX mods needed

T

Tobz

Hello my name is toby im new to this and going to buy a peugeot 106 1.6 XS and i dont know much about tunning cars so could someone give me some ideas about what induction kits to buy and exhausts and other tunning parts
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
They are pretty nimble little cars. Get the GTi suspension and you'll have a real pocket rocket on your hands.

An induction kit would be great on this engine as long as you get a cold air feed pipe fitted.

Other mods would include a fast road cam, turbo kit (about £3500), 16valve ported/polished head and a sports catalyst.

Well the 1.6XSi has a nice running engine and is quick with 95Bhp compared to the 1.6GTi its quite poor cause ive got a 1.4 XSi and she has 100Bhp but yes you can get the 16v GTi conversion kit..... and de-cat pipe and a straight through exhaust just doin that gives u 5-15Bhp extra umm and there air intake is to small for the engine so it limits the engine slighty so a fat air fliter, and uprated spark plugs best to get from ebay as they are nearly £15 RRP, Obviously if you get plugs you need uprated HT leads and coil pack just with all that you could have 120Bhp maybe more not sure cause ive just done the exhaust and plugs, leads and coil pack and mine is quick as lol.

oh hi welcome to the club!

Last edited by a moderator:
For creating something in a mild state of tune a good CAI kit, something along the lines of a BMC CDA, a de-cat and good exhaust system (maybe pug sport?) and fast road cams would make a nippy little car. Not quick by any means though.

If you wanted to go a bit farther, supersprint do a 421 manifold (or at least, they used to). Having the flywheel lightened and balanced is so cheap if you remove and refit it yourself, then there's remapping (via chip I'd imagine).

Beyond that it gets expensive. Headwork, throttle bodies, turbocharging blah blah.

my is quick as lol.

Yours is as quick as what exactly? Quarter mile times then?