100's of cars are breaking down

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Tesco and Morrisons Petrol customers are complaining about a batch of low quality contaminated fuel. Tests are being conducted by the Office of Fair Trading to establish the exact nature of the problem but there are 100's of motorists in the South East who have broken down or experienced problems in the last couple of days after filling up.

I must admit i was a bit on the scared side when i heard about this, cause the radio station just mentioned Tesco to start with and i use a local Tesco regular to fill up both cars! :shock:
I have been fine and havent had any problems, but i feel really sorry for all the people who have been affected, i hope they are able to claim for getting their cars repaired if needed.

I never buy the supermarket stuff because I use Shell Optimax and BP Ultimate fuels in my car. I do feel sorry for people who have had thier cars damaged.

I can't belive that filling up with petrol is such a headache for motorists..

On one hand you have the 'premium' fuels, from such company's as Shell and B.P. Obviously they are slightly more expensive but better for your car, and save you money in the long run.. But I have heard way toooo many accounts of people having their credit/debit cards cloned in exactly these types of petrol stations.. Without going into too much detail and being too un-pc, I think most of us know the cause of this supposed problem.

Now on the other hand, the people who are worried about card fraud are heading to the supermarkets to fill up, cheaper, safer, but a lower grade of petrol.. Now we're told that it could actually be very harmful for our cars!

If anyone can solve this dilemma, please help!

Would you rather have to replace a Lambda probe, or run the risk of having your card cloned?