100bh B5.5 clocking on

KeithPW

Car
B5.5 passat 1.9tdi
Hi all,
Keith here from the UK and looking forward to reading, learning and interacting.

My daily drive is a 2003 Passat that I've owned and enjoyed since 2013. To date and as far as I know, she is still stock and coming close to 190,000 miles on her original turbo. I stood her up over the winter whilst I gave her another major service and even brought and sprayed some after market front wings for her. My first ever try at spraying and well happy with my attempt (tiger stripes and all ).

My plan is to keep her, I'm about to sell the 2010 B6 I brought to replace her as the fun and enjoyment of driving was nowhere near as close.

Obviously she's going to start getting tired soon so my plan is to gradually upgrade and improve her which is why I'm here. Hopefully you guys will be willing to help with part recommends when it comes to my car although I'll definitely scan the forum for answers first.

Hi and welcome |B
FWIW may I suggest that you source another motor from a wrecker and recondition it ready for a transplant.
IF it is to remain a daily drive car then stock parts will be fine BUT if it is to be tracked then I would be installing lighter rods and pistons plus balancing of ALL the rotating assembly porting the head and performance cams and remapping on a dyno / RR

NOTE lighter forged rods and pistons comment was for petrol motors as I have no experience modding diesels.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Sorry for my slow reply, it's been crazy busy here coping with lockdown and looking after the family. Hope you are doing ok.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back