1.8T beetle tuning tips.

wizzer

Road Burner
Car
VW Golf 2.0 TDi
What can I do to make my Beetle 1.8T go faster - I'm looking to keep it reliable and fairly economical. I'm thinking of a remap - but not sure if this is the right way to go - any ideas?

Definately remap it :D It can give you 170-225bhp! Forged pistons and larger turbo will help you to make silly power as will a turbo controller, sports exhaust and full induction kit with a cold air feed.

I have a 2002 new beelte sport I have done a catback exhast and air intake is the any thing else I should do before remaping it I need to keep it reliable do to this is also my every day driver

uprated diverter valve as the standard one is prone to bursting. have a look at forge 007have a look at awesome. dont go for a dump / blow off valve as the ecu requires the charged air to go back through the throttle, otherwise it wil run rich

also the brake s would be a good point, if you like driving faster than normal. what kind of remap are you looking at ? a generic one or a custom one.

clutch wise it might be an idea if your going over 250ftlb torque. if its a 5 speed model then the G60 flywheel and clutch setup seems to be the main one to go for